FORUMS: list search recent posts

Specific color blurred in compressed video

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mateus Sanches
Specific color blurred in compressed video
on Jan 15, 2016 at 4:12:53 pm

Hey guys!

I have a problem encoding a video in Adobe Media Encoder.
The edges of red elements (texts and .ai figures) over a purple background are blurred in the final compressed video, but white texts are fine.
I tried to change the color a bit (saturation and brightness) and I experimented with other colors but the problem is more visible when it comes to the red.
Other thing, depending on the player, the colors and the sharpness of these edges are different. Here is a series of screenshots I took of the video on different players:

Some extra info:
I'm running AE and AMC CC 2015 on Windows 10.
I would like to export a .mp4 (although I tried .wmv and .mov with the same results) with 1280x720 resolution at 30fps.
Uncompressed .avi from AE is ok.
Adding the composition directly to AME queue or encoding the uncompressed .avi produces the same results.

Does anybody know how to correct that?

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Specific color blurred in compressed video
on Jan 16, 2016 at 2:17:53 am

You're problem isn't with the encode, it's with how the various media players interpret/decode the video. Quicktime 7 (now called "Legacy" by Apple) is notoriously awful at displaying color and gamma accurately. The only advice I've been given is to not use QT7 to make color decisions.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Mateus Sanches
Re: Specific color blurred in compressed video
on Jan 18, 2016 at 1:00:45 pm

Thanks for your answer, Ryan!

I'm not sure if that's the case, since the uncompressed video running on those players looks good and when I import the .mp4 into my project I can see the blurred edges in AE.
It seems that, despite the differences of each player, the compressed video is already affected.

Could it be that a 16bit depth is not enough for this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]