Resolution/Aspect Ratio and quality issue from Media Encoder to AVID

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexi Vanderstraeten
Resolution/Aspect Ratio and quality issue from Media Encoder to AVID
on Jan 6, 2016 at 11:52:38 pm
Last Edited By Alexi Vanderstraeten on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:17:46 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm editing red footage in After Effects from an export I made in Avid, AAF, so I'm working on the original footage in After Effects; 4k footage with a resolution of 4096*1708.
I use Media Encoder to render because in my After Effects the option to export directly to DNxHD isn't available. I can export to Quicktime with the DNxHD codec but not directly to DNxHD MXF files.

The problem I have is that the rendered file quality isn't as good as the original, no where close. Even though I think I have all the settings to maximum it still is very bad and nowhere close to what I see in Avid with the original footage, After Effects with the original footage and that's where it's strange, Media Encoder preview just before it renders. There's a major loss in picture quality.

Here's all the print-screen I thought could help with the issue:
1 - Original footage in Red Cinex Pro - Without Metadata.

2 - Original footage in Red Cinex Pro - With Metadata.

3 - After Effects Footage with the Composition Settings.

4 - Adobe Media Encoder with the Render settings.

5 - Avid with the original Red footage (it's without metadata, haven't figure out yet how to force Avid to take the metadata) on the right and imported MXF file from Adobe Media Encoder on the left.

You should normally see how the quality of the footage inside Avid is nowhere close to the original footage, with or without metadata.
Also, in Media Encoder export settings, I was able to find the correct resolution but I can't change the aspect ratio and you see that they both mismatch even though, resolution speaking, it's the exact same image pixel per pixel.

Last step of my workflow, after that I'll have everything in 4K from original footage in Avid. Can anyone help with this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]