FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting Cineon Log Image Sequence to ProRes 4444 XQ

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rajnesh Domalpalli
Converting Cineon Log Image Sequence to ProRes 4444 XQ
on Jan 6, 2016 at 11:18:58 am

Hello,

I have a Cineon (.cin) LOG Image Sequence that I would like to convert to the Apple ProRes 4444 XQ format.

But I'm not sure of the Procedure to do so; I've attached a sample Cineon Image.
Could you please point me to Relevant information?

Also, I don't see ProRes 4444 XQ as an Option in the Output Presets. How do I get this for CS6?

My System is:
Adobe Media Encoder CS6
MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), 16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1Gig

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Rajnesh

Return to posts index

Rajnesh Domalpalli
Re: Converting Cineon Log Image Sequence to ProRes 4444 XQ
on Jan 8, 2016 at 6:32:21 am

The Issue is Resolved. Here's how:

I bought Glue Tools' Cineon/ DPX Toolkit for Mac OS X and used it with Compressor 4 on my Macbook Pro.

I was able to Convert Log Cineon Image Sequences into ProRes 4444 XQ QuickTime Movies.

Some things to note:
  • After downloading the Toolkit, you have to activate it from your System Preferences Panel, and make sure that you select the correct Conversion Settings in the Cineon/ DPX Icon (at the bottom of the System Preferences Panel).
  • They also have a Trial/ Demo Mode for you to try out.
  • Gluetools Cineon/DPX Toolkit (4.1.2936) currently supports only Compressor 4, but may add functionality for FInal Cut X and other tools in the future.
  • Use "Import File" in Compressor 4 and select the first file of the Cineon or DPX Image Sequence when you're trying to get Gluetools to read them in. Don't use "Import Image Sequence".
  • Once you're written out the ProRes 4444 XQ, you may still need to Color Correct it, but Gluetools has excellent support.

Rajnesh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]