FORUMS: list search recent posts

H264 Best Settings

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremey Shelton
H264 Best Settings
on Nov 23, 2015 at 7:54:46 pm

I am needing to encode a h264 file of a 1080 24p project to a client and I'm hoping to find the best possible settings. File size is not a huge concern but I need to deliver in an h264 instead of a typical ProRes type file format.

Right now I am using two-pass encode with a 30 / 35 bit rate and I'm still not happy with it. I'm getting blockiness in the fades and darker areas but surely there has to be a way to deliver a clean encode somehow and I'm just missing it. I appreciate any advice.

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: H264 Best Settings
on Nov 24, 2015 at 6:06:55 pm

Please post a screen capture of your export settings. A few frames of video would be helpful, also. The bit rate you are using is equivalent to Blu-ray at 29p, so that should not be an issue. However, if quality is a priority you can set the bit rate target to a very high number and the encoder will use as many bits as needed to produce the best quality.

The most likely issues: key frame distance is too long (try 12), maximum bit rate is too low (use 1.5-2 times target), and stream compatibility in the multiplexer tab should be set to Standard.

Other recommended settings are high profile, 2-pass VBR, and Max render quality enabled.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]