FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to reinstall previous AME -- how to work with Adobe support

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Withers
How to reinstall previous AME -- how to work with Adobe support
on Aug 11, 2015 at 1:47:48 pm

Hi all,
I'm working with Premiere Pro CC 7.2.2 on a long-term multi-year project and want to avoid updating software in the middle. Working with OX 10.8.5 on a Macbook Pro.
Recently I discovered that the matching CC 7.0 Media Encoder had disappeared from my hard drive, probably following some interactions with Adobe support.
I simply want to reinstall this version of AME. There are downloadable versions of 7.0.1, 7.1, 7.2 but they are all patches and require the base software to exist on the drive to work.
I have now spend about 4 hours total waiting on phone and chat and occasionally talking with first-level Adobe support guys who explore my drive, search Adobe servers for downloadable files, and experiment with uninstall and reinstall downloads. My call has been "escalated" to a supervisor who is supposed to call me back but hasn't for 12 hours.

Two questions: Anyone know where to download this AME 7.0.0 anywhere online?

Anyone have an idea of a more successful strategy for getting successful support from Adobe?
Many thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
Re: How to reinstall previous AME -- how to work with Adobe support
on Aug 11, 2015 at 5:04:11 pm

I got a suggestion that worked from another forum. I had to reinstall AE CC (which uninstalled AE CC 2014)which installed AME (which would not open) and then update that with a patch to AME CC 7.2. What a process, but I'm back in business. Nostalgic for software on discs. The Adobe download model has some glitches.
And I'm still paying them!

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]