FORUMS: list search recent posts

C100 MKii AVCHD Rewrapping Error in AME

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob McKee
C100 MKii AVCHD Rewrapping Error in AME
on Jun 22, 2015 at 4:40:58 pm

Hey guys, first post here and first big problem.

Been having some trouble with the Prelude transcoding and ingest workflow with the C100 MKii and the whole AVCHD package. Haven't found similar problems in other forums so I figured I'd start one up.

When ingesting and renaming the AVCHD package in Prelude, it seems like the consensus is it renames the files in the Prelude and Premiere projects, but it doesn't rename the actual files. Was going to see if anyone else is having the same problem or if there's a workaround. I really don't want the whole AVCHD package, just the .MTS files from the stream folder.

Also, when trying to rewrap the .MTS files out of the C100 in Media Encoder, they all fail with no real error code. The only error code is in Prelude which says it's an ame error. Tested with 23.976 and 60p files and none of them rewrap in AME, but they rewrap in ClipWrap fine.

Trying to streamline my ingest by having one destination set for the raw .MTS files renamed to our naming convention, then adding another destination for the rewrapped files under the same naming convention with all the same metadata.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: C100 MKii AVCHD Rewrapping Error in AME
on Jun 22, 2015 at 7:51:03 pm

Where are the AVCHD file stored when you're transcoding them - on the card? copied to a hard drive? If you copied the card, did you copy the whole card with all its various folders? Adobe needs to see the XML file inside of that folder tree in order to properly read the files.

Most fails happen because people only copy the video file out (which is wrong) or they leave the data directly on their card and something goes wrong (like the card reader loses connection with the computer momentarily).

I shoot with a C300 and C100 MK1 and Adobe rewraps fine provided I've pulled the card off in its entirety to a local (or networked) volume.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Jacob McKee
on Jun 23, 2015 at 5:14:01 pm

Gotcha, sounds like it's because I didn't copy the entire card. Just the .MTS files out of the Stream folder.

If you have to have the entire card on the local drive, then what do you do about a naming convention? I don't want to end up with hundreds of 000000.MTS files as that would be impossible to find later on.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jun 23, 2015 at 7:22:53 pm

[Jacob McKee] "If you have to have the entire card on the local drive, then what do you do about a naming convention? I don't want to end up with hundreds of 000000.MTS files as that would be impossible to find later on."

After you've copied the whole card you can use Prelude as your ingesting station. That's what it's designed for. That'll show you the video files and you can queue those up to encode. In the settings (in Prelude before your queue or in AME after you've queued them) you can change the name that you want the encoded file to have. so it can follow a strict sequence or you can customize everything to your needs.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Michael Litty
on Jun 29, 2016 at 1:22:42 pm
Last Edited By Michael Litty on Jun 29, 2016 at 1:49:59 pm

I'm having a similar problem with AVCHD footage from a Canon Vixia H30. I'm recording in AVCHD and transcoding from the SD card so that the file system remains intact. When ingesting and transcoding to DNxHD preset, the transcode fails with an error, "...Reason: AME encoding error!" Transcoding to H.264 seems to work fine.

As an added bit, Media Encoder tells me, "The source file's video stream is not compatible with this preset. Please choose a different preset." Does that mean I can't go from AVCHD to DNxHD?

I may have found the answer. I had Prelude set to rewrap the AVCHD files in DNxHD and the codec in the AVCHD was not compatible with the DNxHD container. I needed to choose a DNxHD preset that transcoded the files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]