FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which ProRes is PAL HD

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Which ProRes is PAL HD
on Jun 20, 2015 at 3:16:19 pm

Which Media Encoder/Premiere ProRes setting is PAL HD?

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Northeast Community College
Mass Media/Journalism/Post Production Instructor
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Re: Which ProRes is PAL HD
on Jun 20, 2015 at 3:34:35 pm

I need a ProRes HQ Quicktime in picture ratio 16:9 from my NTSC HD film.
Will an MOV - Apple ProRes 422 HD 1080p 25 work for the South African TV channel?

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jun 22, 2015 at 2:39:51 pm

[Nancy L. Sutton Smith] "Will an MOV - Apple ProRes 422 HD 1080p 25 work for the South African TV channel?"

The best thing to do is contact the channel where your footage will air and get their specific requirements. Each channel differs and if you submit something that isn't to spec they'll typically kick it back to you to try again. So double check with them and then deliver.

To your original question 720p25, 720p50, 1080p25 are all PAL based frame rates.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
on Jun 23, 2015 at 8:00:42 pm

Thank you, I really appreciate the response. I have asked them twice and they keep saying ProRes HQ but I am going to press to talk to their tech person who I am sure will help me. My worry has been with such a long project, an hour and a half, and the inability to check on a PAL monitor, I wasn't sure if this is something I should give to a post house. But having read all the forums for 23.976 to 25fps conversion, fixing audio sync, and setting everything in Media Encoder to the highest quality, I think that should yield the PAL version they need. Am I missing anything in that explanation? Is there anything about PAL I didn't mention?
Thank you very much, there is so little on this type of conversion in the forums.

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]