FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting a movie to MXF OP1a.

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Cohen
Converting a movie to MXF OP1a.
on Jun 3, 2015 at 2:34:53 pm
Last Edited By Steven Cohen on Jun 3, 2015 at 2:42:23 pm

When I go into Media Encoder (version 5.5) and choose the MXF OP1a preset, it allows me to make some changes to the video, but the audio remains locked at Uncompressed Stereo 24bit.

How can I change the settings.

I have to make an MXF OP1a file for delivery to LifeTime (A&E) and thier specs are very specific.

Type: MXF OP1a (internal/self-contained) Wrapper Format
Resolution: 1920x1080
Video Compression Codec: XDCAM HD for NLE Record Format
Container: .mxf
Frame Rate: 29.97/1080i
Scanning Format: Interlaced
Video Bitrate: 50 Mbps Long GOP
GOP Length: 12
Bit depth: 8bit
Chroma: 4:2:2
Audio: PCM
Audio Sample Rate: 48kHz
Audio Bitrate: 16bit
Audio Configuration: 8 total audio channels, 1 channel per stream – 2 channel stereo on 1 & 2, 3-6 MOS
Closed Captioning/VANC Type: SMPTE 436M Track with 300 bytes per frame

I'm not sure how to get to them.

We currently edit in FCP 6 and are going to switch to Premier in the future.
FCP doesn't really have an option except exporting to XDCAM Transfer tool, but there are no option to make any changes.

Steve.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Converting a movie to MXF OP1a.
on Jun 3, 2015 at 7:51:51 pm

[Steven Cohen] "When I go into Media Encoder (version 5.5) and choose the MXF OP1a preset,"

What if you build your own brand new preset? Don't use one bundled with AME. Can you adjust the audio in there?

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jun 3, 2015 at 7:56:52 pm

[Steven Cohen] "We currently edit in FCP 6 and are going to switch to Premier in the future."

Oh, and the future is now! FCP6 is 8 years old and counting. Whoever signs the checks there or builds your network needs to be sat down and talked to! The fact that you're using software from 2007 and trying to deliver broadcast work...well...that seems like the definition of fighting with one hand tied behind your back.

Tell them it's ok, it's time to move forward! :-)

Ryan Holmes
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
on Jun 4, 2015 at 5:57:17 pm

Thanks Ryan.

I'm well aware that FCP6 is dead and we are talking about upgrading to Adobe CC, but all it is, is talk right now.

Believe me sometimes I'm fighting with both had tied my back and on one leg.

As far as setting up a new preset. I'm not sure how to do that.
I don't have a lot of experience with Adobe yet.

Can you point me in the right direction.

Steve.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jun 4, 2015 at 6:19:55 pm

[Steven Cohen] "I'm well aware that FCP6 is dead and we are talking about upgrading to Adobe CC, but all it is, is talk right now.

Believe me sometimes I'm fighting with both had tied my back and on one leg.
"

I hear ya! At least forward my comments along to them! :-) Seriously!!! It's 2015!

[Steven Cohen] "As far as setting up a new preset. I'm not sure how to do that.
I don't have a lot of experience with Adobe yet.

Can you point me in the right direction."

https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/custom-encoding-presets.html

Ryan Holmes
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
on Jun 4, 2015 at 7:32:48 pm

Thanks I'll give it a shot.

I've been pushing for an upgrade since FCP7 came out and then when Apple went to FCPX I started trying to push them toward Adobe (whatever flavor of the time)

It's a major expense, because they want to go aware from MAC and switch to PC's as well so it mean all new computer (about 11) and then reformatting or replacing our 200 TB SAN from HFS to NTFS or even ExFat.

Steve.

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
on Jun 4, 2015 at 9:07:42 pm

Ryan;

I did all that before I made the original post and like I said I am not able to change anything under the audio setting.

The video settings gives me some options that I can change, but under audio it is just the following and they can't be changed when you click on them.

Steve.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jun 8, 2015 at 3:45:47 pm

[Steven Cohen] "I did all that before I made the original post and like I said I am not able to change anything under the audio setting. "

Just following up here - you've made a brand new, from scratch preset setting? You're not using an existing one in your system or a default one that comes pre-loaded with Media Encoder? If you make a brand new one from scratch is the audio still greyed out? If so, you should probably give Adobe a call.

One other thing to try is it to download the Creative Cloud trial and see if Media Encoder 2014 solves your problem. In my AME (CC 2014) I can choose the MXF OP1a format and chose between 16 bit or 24 bit sample size on the audio and 2 channels up to 32 channels of audio.

I'm wondering if CS5.5 didn't have these capabilities yet?

Ryan Holmes
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
on Jun 8, 2015 at 5:47:34 pm

I made a new one according to the link you posted above.
The process say s to start with an existing one and modify it.

"Create and save a custom preset

Choosing a format automatically makes available a list of associated presets designed for particular delivery scenarios. Adobe Media Encoder uses characteristics of the source item to make its best guess about the best preset to select. You can create and save your own presets, export them, or import additional ones.

You can change the presets settings in the Export Settings dialog. Click Preset > Settings or press Ctrl+Alt+E to open the Export Settings dialog.

Note:
Adobe Technical Support supports only Adobe Media Encoder presets that are included with Adobe applications.

In the Format menu, select a format.

In the Preset menu, select the preset that most closely matches the settings you want. If the preset has been edited, you will see Custom next to the preset.

Click the format or preset name to open the Export Settings dialog box and edit the settings.

Click the Save Preset button.

Type a name for the preset, choose whether to save specific categories of parameters as prompted, and click OK.

Note:
The encoding presets are located in the same location as the Adobe Media Encoder files. To access presets quickly, right-click a user preset in the Preset Browser and choose Reveal Preset File.
"

I don't know how to create a new one from scratch.

We have a version of Creative Cloud and I did look at it and I have the same options that you described, but I can't change the audio from uncompressed to PMC.

Steve.

Return to posts index

Lee-Anne Theron
on Dec 7, 2016 at 10:29:00 am

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same problem and it is driving me crazy. I need to deliver a MXF to broadcast but I can't change some of the settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]