FORUMS: list search recent posts

import Adobe's ProRes presets results in loads of dupes

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
import Adobe's ProRes presets results in loads of dupes
on May 20, 2015 at 12:58:27 am

I just downloaded Adobe's ProRes presets for Media Encoder CC 2015*, the import brought them in a made nice folders for 720p, SD NTSC etc, but each preset has close top 20 dupes?!? I imported the conventional way from within Media Encoder and there were no anomalies or error msgs, any thoughts on what is up?

Thanks,

Paul

*Mac OS 10.8.5

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: import Adobe's ProRes presets results in loads of dupes
on May 21, 2015 at 3:09:13 pm

It made duplicates because you probably already had all the presets installed in Media Encoder. If you're on a Mac in CC I believe they are bundled in now as soon as you download. So importing the ProRes presets will just create duplicates for you.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on May 21, 2015 at 8:41:17 pm

Hey Ryan,

I'm 99% sure ProRes presets did not come with Premiere / Media Encoder CC for Mac. Thats' based on my recollection of looking for them on one of my Premiere systems, not finding them, and then seeking the download-able set. Later checking my 2nd system and nope there are not there. Because they do not seem to be bundled, Adobe offers them as a downloadable "extra" for v7 called AME-CC-ProRes-presets.zip

In all seriousness your theory is a good one and might have been the case. Also too I only did the install once and got close to 20 dupes so something more is going on.

If I don't get any suggestions here I'll try the install on my 2nd system and do before and after screen-grabs as a reality check.

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on May 27, 2015 at 3:32:27 pm

Where does AME store these presets? I just repeated the install and imported from within AME, for a moment the presents seemed to come in correctly (only a handful of setting for each folder like 1080p etc) but in the blink of an eye the settings repeated to have about 20 duplicates?

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on Jun 7, 2015 at 10:01:07 pm

I'm pretty sure now that the ProRes setting import worked just fine with AME 7. I now believe I ran into the problems with AME 8 aka AME CC 2014

Another distinction between the two version is that AME CC 2014 would not work* with Qt Reference files from an (older) Avid whereas AME 7 did.

AME CC 2014 saids the Qt Reference files were corrupt

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]