FORUMS: list search recent posts

Client Request - 24fps NTSC

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Hill
Client Request - 24fps NTSC
on May 7, 2015 at 11:26:51 am

Hi,

I have a UK made (PAL?) ProRes 422 HQ 1080p 24FPS 5.1 audio mov film, which has had some interest from Korea.

I've received this specification sheet from them, which has confused me - they've asked for 24fps NTSC, which is not how I understood it worked!!

Is what I have what they're after do you think? Or is the NTSC part an indication that they want it at 23.97fps? If that's the case, how do I turn my 90gb ProRes 422 HQ mov (plus audio) into the new frame rate? Can it be done in AME?

Thanks very much!

Nick

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Client Request - 24fps NTSC
on May 9, 2015 at 12:30:09 am

You can do either 23.976 or true 24 in AME. My suggestion is to follow-up with them and make sure you're clear on what they need.

If they are displaying this content in cinemas it will likely need to be true 24p. If they are putting it on the web 23.976 fits the bill for that. You'll also need to determine if the file you have (your source material) is true 24 or 23.976. Doing a conversion one way or the other may mean you'll need to slow down or speed up your audio to stay in sync.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Issam Abaza
Re: Client Request - 24fps NTSC
on May 9, 2015 at 9:04:51 am

Hi Nick

I do think that the client mistakenly put that down. By looking at the Audio requirements (Audio bit rate 48,000KHz!?) makes me much believe that your client needs a help setting the delivery requirements.

Regards
Issam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]