FORUMS: list search recent posts

encoding 3min video takes 24 hours?!

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crl Gamino
encoding 3min video takes 24 hours?!
on May 6, 2015 at 10:40:35 pm

I really dont know what to do now since i've tried most formats i know just to make the encoding faster. is there any thing i could do to make encoding faster or just wait

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: encoding 3min video takes 24 hours?!
on May 7, 2015 at 1:30:41 am

Without knowing a lot more, there's little that we can do to help. Foremost, we need to know the details of your source. E.g., is it an After Effects composition and, if so, what are the details of the composition?

Without more information, I can only recommend this general resource for making Premiere Pro and After Effects work faster: http://adobe.ly/eV2zE7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: encoding 3min video takes 24 hours?!
on May 7, 2015 at 1:54:27 pm

Computer specs? Premiere version?

What video source, for instance "1080p30 AVCHD".

What Sequence Setting used?

Any effects/filters applied?

Export Settings? A screen shot of export panel settings is VERY helpful.

A 3-minute video should at most take several minutes to encode. UNLESS the computer is very old, complex effects applied, etc. but we know NOTHING of your workflow, so where to begin??

Recent similar postings have had issues such as 10-yr-old computer, or having Lens Correction effect applied to entire video (very time-consuming render).

Help us to help you

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]