FORUMS: list search recent posts

Odd freezing when doing a pretty simple export.

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morgan Nichols
Odd freezing when doing a pretty simple export.
on Mar 11, 2015 at 12:25:44 am

Hello folks!

The Task: So I have 30 or so very simple timelines to export out of Premiere. I am putting them all into a queue in Media Encoder, selecting my saved settings and walking away.

The Problem: Media Encoder does one or two just fine, then hangs up. The "Elapsed" counter is still happily ticking along (for hours) while the "Remaining" counter keeps upping the estimate ad infinitum. But the Output Preview is stuck on a frame.

More Info: What I mean by "simple timelines": These are standard NTSC clips, with no editing. Not even HD. I'm basically just trimming the ends off Quicktime movies and trying to encode them to H.264. Each clip is between 5 and 15 minutes. This should not be taxing.

Specs: I'm running Media Encoder 6.0.0.3 and Premiere 6.0.0 on an iMac OS 10.6.8 3.6 GHz Core i5 Mem: 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3. The sequences I'm outputting match their footage, and are 720x480, 4:3, D1/DV NTSC (0.9091) Lower Field First 29.97, 48000 Hz. My encode settings are: 720x480, 29.97, Progressive, Quality 90, H.264 Bitrate: Target 5Mpbs, Max 5Mpbs Audio: AAC, 48000, Stereo. All drives are Lacie connected with Firewire800, 100GB+ of space on target drive.

On one more point I want to be clear: When it hangs up and I restart the process, it always handles the sequence it hung up on perfectly fine on it's second try. But it'll hang up on the next thing in the queue (or the one after that) instead. So I'm open to any ideas except the suggestion that my source media is corrupt, because it can clearly handle each individual sequence. Just not more than a few in a row.

Thanks for any responses!

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Odd freezing when doing a pretty simple export.
on Mar 11, 2015 at 3:14:45 pm

Check your Media Cache Database, it is shared by Premiere and Media Encoder. Clean it out.

/Users/USER?Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]