FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extremely long export time

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcin Okoniewski
Extremely long export time
on Feb 12, 2015 at 3:42:15 pm

I got some big problems while exporting footage from AME and PP CC 2014. I mean – the time of exporting is extremely long. It take 4 hours to export 15 minutes of 1080p footage (with not best quality of render settings). There is no big difference in time while exporting with or without effect same as AME or PP. I shoot my footage on SONY A7S in XAVC S and my export settings are H.264, VBR 1, 16/20.
My PC spec:
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5 3.9 GHZ
32 GB DRR3,
HDD 2TB, SSD 128GB
GeForce GTX 770 2GB
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Extremely long export time
on Feb 13, 2015 at 2:35:27 am

Several things to consider:
(1) Do you have a lot of effects? plugins? dynamic link compositions? speed grade links? in your timeline. While super beneficial, it can add time to your exports
(2) What renderer are you using in AME? Since you have an Nvidia card you should be utilizing CUDA, and I believe the GeForce 770 card supports CUDA.
(3) An Intel Core i7 3770K only has 4 cores, and as such will not have the greatest performance when called on to do CPU intensive tasks (like exporting).
(4) Where does the original media live? Where is the exported file going? If both the original media and the exported file are going to the same drive that's usually a bottleneck. Also the type of connection matters - USB2, USB3, Thunderbolt, eSata, etc.

I'm not saying all of the above will solve your problem, but it definitely plays a role in your system's performance

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Extremely long export time
on Feb 13, 2015 at 2:39:08 pm

Is the source video 4k or 1080p? If you can please post a screen shot of the export panel settings, that may be very helpful in troubleshooting.

Have you applied any effects to the video in Premiere? Some effects take a very long time to render, such as Warp Stabilizer or a third-party video DeNoiser app.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]