FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLME creating split recorded files after upgrade to Yosemite

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Porter
FLME creating split recorded files after upgrade to Yosemite
on Feb 9, 2015 at 8:12:54 pm

I use FMLE to record a low quality file of events on a weekly basis for quick VOD upload using a Mac Pro 2008 running Snow Leopard (with an AJA KONA LHi Card receiving SDI 1080i with AES Embeded Audio) and have had great results.

Just recently, I upgraded to Yosemite. Now, when I record using FMLE, I get multiple split files. I have encountered this before but was able to check the 'Limit Duration' Box to about 5 hours and it solved the problem. However, now anything I seem to do does not seem to solve the issue. After 10 to 20 minutes, in the encoding log, I see 'Encoding error, restarting Audio and Video session' thus creating multiple files.
At the end of my recording session of about 3 hours, I have about 20 files about 10 minutes each. It's pretty timely. It also isn't a clean split, a few frames are missing in between each clip which does not allow for seamless joining in another program.

I have changed nothing else except the upgrade to yosemite and the relevant updates to the Kona card.

I did downgrade to Mountain Lion at one point, at which point if I switched the recording audio encoding to MP3 instead of AAC then it worked. 1 file, No errors. If I use AAC, then it would split the file once every 2 hours.

I have uninstalled and re-installed FMLE, deleted preference files, and still the same result.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: FLME creating split recorded files after upgrade to Yosemite
on Feb 10, 2015 at 8:11:51 pm

Just a tip: Flash Media Live Encoder is different from Adobe Media Encoder, so I don't think that you're as likely to get a good answer on an Adobe Media Encoder forum as you might from a dedicated Flash Media Live Encoder forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]