FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems playing rendered 1080p videos

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Stevens
Problems playing rendered 1080p videos
on Feb 5, 2015 at 10:44:05 am

I have this little project in AE that lasts 10 secs. It's 1920x1080p @ 25 fps quality. I followed what I read all around the web saying it's best to render an uncompressed avi file from AE then use AME to compressed it.

I rendered the huge uncompressed avi file from AE to AME using these
Format: H264
Preset: HDTV 720p Highquality 25 High quality.

I maxed the bit rate and enabled the VBR 2 pass. The result is good and the file is small and the quality is high and no problems with playback.

Now I tried the exact same options and the only change is I chose the HDTV 1080p 25fps High quality preset. When I tried to play the file, it lags so much.

Any ideas or advice?

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Problems playing rendered 1080p videos
on Feb 5, 2015 at 2:41:15 pm

What are you playing the file back from? Internal drive? External drive? How is it connected to your machine? What program are you using to view these encodes? What type of computer are you using?

All the above factors play into how well your computer will or will not play back footage. They are all interconnected so their isn't a right or wrong answer so much as better and worse options.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Jay Stevens
Re: Problems playing rendered 1080p videos
on Feb 5, 2015 at 5:17:02 pm

Hi! Thanks for replying! I figured out the problem. Turns out I set the bitrate waaayyy too high. I toned it down then boom. Smooth playback.

I've got a lot to learn.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]