FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can AME see AE projects in the watch folder?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
Can AME see AE projects in the watch folder?
on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:09:06 pm

I have about 100 AE project files that are all different.

I want to throw them all into a watch folder and have AME auto export all the AE projects to h264 rendered files.

Is this possible? Or are watch folders only for converting movie files into other codecs?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Can AME see AE projects in the watch folder?
on Feb 4, 2015 at 4:08:39 pm

Yes, AME can work with After Effects project files in watch folders.

from the release notes for After Effects 13.1:

"automatic encoding of compositions in After Effects project files in Adobe Media Encoder watch folders

If you place an After Effects project (.aep) file in a watch folder that is being monitored by Adobe Media Encoder, the compositions at the top level in the project (i.e., those not in folders in the Project panel) will automatically be added to the Adobe Media Encoder encoding queue."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

joseph wilkins
on Feb 4, 2015 at 4:32:28 pm

Awesome... Thanks!

Now to take it one step further... is there any way to then have all these watch folder videos automatically uploaded to YouTube?

I know I can do that one at a time... but can AME automate that process too?

That's be sweet.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 4, 2015 at 4:40:28 pm

Have you tried?

You should be able to create an encoding preset that has your destination publishing settings for YouTube, and upload will occur automatically.

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2014/12/ame-cc-2014-2.html

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Kirill Skorodelov
on Nov 6, 2015 at 12:26:54 pm

I realise this questions was asked a while ago, but, Todd, maybe you can clarify one more thing about AME.

AME 2014 gives an output file the name of an AEP and this is great. But AME 2015 passes a comp name which will be rendered to an output file.

So the question is - is it possible to configure AME 2015 output files naming rule so it names output files after a name of a corresponding AEP added via watch folder (as it is in AME 2015) but not a to-be-rendered comp name.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]