FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Encoder is rendering the "Media Offline" message even though Premiere says it's online

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristopher Wile
Media Encoder is rendering the "Media Offline" message even though Premiere says it's online
on Jan 4, 2015 at 12:01:11 pm
Last Edited By Kristopher Wile on Jan 4, 2015 at 12:01:16 pm

Kind of stumped on this one. I have a series of videos I have to batch output for a client. I'm using Adobe Premiere for the editing and have been using After Effects for some heavy duty color correction.

My workflow consists of:

1) Create edited sequence in Premiere
2) Within the Premiere sequence, highlight all of the clips and select "Replace with After Effects Composition"
3) After Effects imports the entire sequence as a comp with each clip as a layer in the comp for me to color correct
4) After color correction in AE, from within Premiere, I export the sequence, set-up my export settings, and queue it for Media Encoder
5) Begin the encode of the queued items within media Encoder

This is where it gets wonky, and I've never had this issue before. When I click the button to run the batch within Media Encoder, instead of showing the video preview at the bottom of the window like normal, it shows the red "Media Offline" warning screen. And when I stop the encode and check the outputted file (what was rendered of it) it's the same red warning screen.

If I render within Premiere instead of Media Encoder, the video renders just fine. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing offline about any of my footage. Maybe it's a dynamic link issue between Encoder and Premiere? (can't be between Premiere and AE, because the AE replacement comp populates and renders just fine in Premiere)

I did some research and one solution someone suggested online is to clear the media cache for Encoder and Premiere respectively, close each program, then re-open them. I tried this, and it seemed to work. However, when Encoder got to the 2nd export in its queue, the same error occurred, and now my media cache trick isn't even working at all.

My issue is that, due to the heavy duty color correction this project necessitates, my render times are around 2hrs per video, and I have many of these videos I need to output while still using Premiere for other tasks which also have looming deadlines. So I can't afford to have Premiere tied up for hours at a time every time I want to render out a cut.

Does anyone have any idea why it's doing what it's doing and how to fix it? I'm really stumped.

Return to posts index

Luke Kreykes
Re: Media Encoder is rendering the "Media Offline" message even though Premiere says it's online
on Feb 3, 2015 at 11:37:32 pm

I was having this same problem. I found a solution from reading through the online forums. I can't locate the link to the original post, but thank you whoever you are. What I had to do was clean the Media Cache Database in Premiere, After Effects, and Media Encoder. Restart my system, and then reopened the project in Premiere, queued up the render in Media Encoder. And then it worked. Hope this helps whoever else is experiencing this issue.

Return to posts index

Haneef Ibn Ahmad
Re: Media Encoder is rendering the "Media Offline" message even though Premiere says it's online
on Mar 10, 2015 at 5:55:32 pm

Thanks Luke!

I just signed up to thank you! =)

Return to posts index

Clifford Sonnentag
on Dec 11, 2015 at 5:56:09 pm
Last Edited By Clifford Sonnentag on Dec 11, 2015 at 5:58:07 pm

There is a major bug in AME that causes encoding to show "Media Offline" messages when using After Effects linked footage in a premiere timeline. I've tested this on about 5 systems running in different environments. I've reported this bug multiple times. This bug has been around for 6+ months. This bug is causing very bad production problems for our team.

The bug is simply that AE clips imported into Premiere Pro via Dynamic Link export as "Media Offline" in Adobe Media Encoder.

There are a few workarounds I have found, some are ridiculous:

• Uncheck "Import sequences nativley" in AME preferences (Add hours to render time)

• Clear media cache in AE, PP, AME, then restart your computer.

• Render and replace AE clips in PP timeline. (lose all dynamic text content from AE)

• Best workaround for now is to open the task manager and close AfterFX.exe and possibly Adobe QT32 Server.exe, if that doesn't work you need to close all adobe apps then close them in task manager also. Then reopen and resume work.

• The steps to reproduce the bug:

Open AE, PP, and AME
    Make a composition in AE
    Drag comp to Premiere (Dynamic Link)
    Use that comp in a timeline.
    Ctrl-M (Export) to AME queue (This renders okay)
    In AE, duplicate the comp previously made
    Drag that new comp to Premiere (Dynamic Link)
    Replace that new comp in place of the old comp in the previously created timeline.
    Ctrl-M (Export) to AME queue (This renders "Media Offline")

Return to posts index

Zach Lorton
    on Jun 7, 2016 at 3:43:36 pm

Okay, I'm having this same problem, but I'm not even importing footage from After Effects. In Premiere Pro, I'm dropping video into the timeline, and certain video formats (specifically .mxf) are producing the "Media Offline" graphic not only when rendering, but also when scrubbing the footage in the Media Encoder settings queue.

I was able to render the footage using Premiere Pro's Export command, but it increased the render time by over and hour, and of course, I couldn't edit anything else in there while it was rendering. The final product was just fine, but I'd like to see what the issue is when sending it to Media Encoder, and if that can be cleared up in any way.

Let me know if anyone comes up with a solution. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Andrey Yashin
    on Oct 16, 2016 at 7:00:16 pm

I'am having the same problem for almost half of year.

Didn't helped the methods above, but I have one method, that works for me with 5% probability ? In AME when I see red card with "Media Offline" I click stop, then choose other Renderer (I've got 2), then Reset Status on sequence, then hit play again. On this step I have 5% probability to render my sequence with no media offline, but with normal online media.

But that absolutely is not the solution. So I'm looking for the right solution of this problem! Please, help.

[last macOS Sierra 10.12, last Adobe products, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with last CUDA driver]

Adobe Pro User

Return to posts index

Stephen Pickering
    on Oct 18, 2016 at 5:04:34 am

I've got the same problem here!

Return to posts index

Dylan Glockler
    on Nov 3, 2016 at 2:09:42 am

I had this issue - I had updated Premiere to the latest version but had not yet updated After Effects and the file was an AE file. Make sure all your software is up-to-date.

Return to posts index

theodore huxtable
    on Nov 3, 2016 at 4:24:06 pm

try to uncheck "Import sequences natively" in AME preferences!

Return to posts index

Stephen Pickering
    on Nov 12, 2016 at 2:15:38 am

"try to uncheck "Import sequences natively" in AME preferences!"

This ^ fixed it for me! Thank you!
    -Stephen

Return to posts index

Daniel Daoust
    on Apr 9, 2017 at 7:24:41 am
    Last Edited By Daniel Daoust on Apr 9, 2017 at 10:25:31 pm

Just edited my answer to the real fix !!!

Just ran in this problem also. In my case all the files are local so online and should not have any issues.
    One of the clip used was made with AE.
    OK got the answer on youtube lol the guy had the same problem ang got his answer from tech support at adobe
    close all adobe apps
    in windows at the bottom left in the search box enter
    %appdata%
    a window will open with the search results
    click on the adobe folder
    then rename the common folder to common1 or something

reboot, voila !!!!

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]