FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black output sometimes (Why is it?)

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
Black output sometimes (Why is it?)
on Dec 23, 2014 at 8:41:21 pm
Last Edited By Jan Janowski on Dec 23, 2014 at 9:48:57 pm

I'm good with CS6, but a friend with CC 2014 called me in a panic...
She was exporting a 75 min video from PPRO CC2014 (October updates?) to AME with "Same as Sequence Settings", which was MP4 Video, and when she played the AME output back, it was Black with audio.

I never got to sit at her laptop (all 'support' done over the phone), but I did suggest she do a partial export to test when it would go black... That worked! 25Min OK, 35 OK, 45 OK, but full PPRO video played back in black, after render finished...

I asked her if she saw the preview in lower left and she said she thought it was there..... But I'm not certain if it was via PPRO (CS6 PPRO doesn't show video, just picture)... So it was never clear to me if she was fully in AME, or just the PPRO Export Media... (I'm beginning to think the latter)

Well, after a few calls, separated by many hours, no success was encountered....

Today she called me and said she lowered the bit-rate and that made it render full video and audio... She said the failed encodes were >5Gb.

She's on a MAC, so the 4Gb file size should not be a feature of this, right?

I'm nosy that if the preview was showing video, why does it play back black with audio? Or, Error Out, and Not complete the Export/render?

I'm hoping to meet with her in the next week and get more information....

I realize this is kind of vague, but does any of this make sense?

I'm Nosy now!! :)!

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Black output sometimes (Why is it?)
on Jan 3, 2015 at 5:57:04 pm

What codec is she exporting with (h.264, jpeg200, Uncompressed, etc)? mp4 is a container and inside that container goes a codec.

Often times when a video is played back on a computer with audio, but black video it's because the system doesn't have the appropriate codec installed to decode the video (but it does have the audio codecs so it decodes that and plays back what it can...in this case just the audio).

To be able to really help we'd need to know all the settings she's using. It would also help to know what the original media is (container, codec, frame rate, etc). Also exact system specs could reveal other problems.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
Re: Black output sometimes (Why is it?)
on Jan 3, 2015 at 10:55:25 pm

That was the first thing I thought. But the black playback was on same computer that rendered it.

As Luck would have it, first she, then I was un-available to sit at her laptop to see if firsthand...

She found out by reducing the bandwidth slider it then rendered correctly and not black...

I'm hoping to meet with her in a week or so....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]