FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Media Encoder to YouTube

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody Waite
Adobe Media Encoder to YouTube
on Nov 18, 2014 at 9:35:02 pm

Hey Everyone!

I have been at my wits end with this problem. I work with a Television Station and Advertisement company and we develop everything from long form content such as sports games and half hour programs to 30 and 15 second commercials. We were okay with our mp4 exports uploading them to YouTube with CS6, but now that we are on CC it seems to take forever.

The file sizes aren't really any bigger and for long form content we even brought the bit-rate back down to 8 (now in the new preset it is at 16) for smaller files and easier uploads but nothing seems to work.

I know it is not the internet connection, we are owned by a telecommunications company and have a fiber network to us.

Have any of you had this problem and have been able to solve it? It's taken us about 5 hours to upload 11.0 GB 30 minute program.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Adobe Media Encoder to YouTube
on Nov 20, 2014 at 5:06:42 pm

I'm unclear - are your exports taking longer? Or are your uploads to YouTube taking longer?

If your exports are taking longer that's a CC issue. You can double check to make sure you're using GPU accelerated encoding - CUDA = Nvidia GPU, OpenCL = AMD GPU.

[Cody Waite] "I know it is not the internet connection, we are owned by a telecommunications company and have a fiber network to us. "

If your uploads are taking longer that has nothing to do with CC. Adobe doesn't control your bandwidth, your routers, your switches, etc. Adobe just creates a file, what you do with it after that is up to you. Poor upload speeds could be a number of things from your internal network at your company, to your ISP, to the YouTube infrastructure when you upload. Even if you have fiber to your door, there are several other networks that your packets are traveling through to get to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, etc.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Cody Waite
on Nov 20, 2014 at 8:03:37 pm

Well I understand that the upload speed isn't Adobe. The point of the Adobe preset for youtube is to shorten the process time because it is optimized for youtube. The processing time will sometimes take upwards of 8 - 10 hours. Is there an issue with the preset that isn't 100% optimized for YouTube that any of you have found? We did not have this issue with CS6 on the processing end of our content.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Nov 20, 2014 at 8:26:01 pm

[Cody Waite] "because it is optimized for youtube."

You may have too of expectations in regards to "optimized for youtube"! :-) Those are really just presets for YouTube to help people out who don't understand compression. The file it's creating is just a regular mp4 wrapper with the h.264 codec. There's nothing unique that it's doing to the file. As you know, processing for YouTube is YouTube taking your file and re-transcoding it to work throughout their system. That process can depend on (1) your account standing, (2) the amount, number, and length of videos in front of you in the queue, and (3) the overall length and size of the videos you upload.

Also keep in mind that YouTube is "processing" 100 hours of video every minute of every day. That's a lot of data to transcode! Your submissions are falling into that queue. Again, CC has no impact on those aspects. The file that it creates is a standard h.264 mp4 that is used on Vimeo, Facebook, YouTube, etc. I would assume that your lag times are related to the overall sheer size and volume of data that YouTube is trying to process.

Just my $.02

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]