FORUMS: list search recent posts

What are the best (Mp4) Media Encoder settings for playing HD through large monitors and Projection TV?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles McKee
What are the best (Mp4) Media Encoder settings for playing HD through large monitors and Projection TV?
on Sep 22, 2014 at 3:56:21 pm

We produce video courses that are viewed in desktop arrangements, (15”-30”) or on large LED monitors (30”+ to 75”) or projected (10’ to 30’+)…. They have to be kept at high quality because of the text and graphic info. They are usually played directly off the hard drive or a USB-3 flash stick (never streamed).
Our masters that we export to Adobe Media Player are 1920X1280 or 1280X720 Cineform 10bit uncompressed files or exported directly off the Premiere CC 2014 timeline….. Our current setting for 1920X1080p is as below. Other than the high bit rate (too keep the picture from looking fuzzy or getting pixel blocking) is this the best setting layout? Can anyone recommend any improvements or suggestions? Please help! Thank you very much.

H.264
1920X1280
29.97p (Square Pixels)
NTSC
Profile= Main
Level 4.1
Rendered at Maximum Depth (Checked)
VBR, 2-Pass
Target Bit rate= 16Mbits
Maximum Bit rate= 16Mbits
Key Frame Distance= 72
Use Maximum Render Quality (Checked)
Audio= AAC, 4800Hz High Quality

cm

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: What are the best (Mp4) Media Encoder settings for playing HD through large monitors and Projection TV?
on Sep 23, 2014 at 8:38:38 pm

If final file size isn't a big deal (since you're playing from a hard drive or thumb drive) then get rid of 2-pass VBR (Variable bit rate). Do a CBR and set the data rate at 16mpbs.

You can also shorten you keyframe distance down to your frame rate (or even half your frame rate). Typically I do keyframe distance at the frame rate - 24, 30, 60, etc. That way every second I'm guaranteed an I-frame as it encodes.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: What are the best (Mp4) Media Encoder settings for playing HD through large monitors and Projection TV?
on Sep 24, 2014 at 4:21:22 am

In the export panel under the Multiplexer tab check that stream compatibility is set to Standard. You might also consider increasing the target bitrate to 20-24 Mbps or higher; the 1280p equivalent to Blu-ray quality would be about 40-42 Mbps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]