FORUMS: list search recent posts

DPX sequence fixed to 29.97 fps?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Andersson
DPX sequence fixed to 29.97 fps?
on Feb 27, 2012 at 2:40:49 pm

Hi,

I have shot some footage on a Sony F3 at 1080p25, captured with a Gemini 4:4:4 as 1080p25 4:4:4 DPX frames. So far so good.
Long story short I ended up with choosing Adobe Media Encoder for transcoding to ProRes4444, since Compressor and FCP required GlueTools etc. and it seems that Adobe Media Encoder do a great job....but:

If I import my DPX sequence to After Effects or Premiere Pro it interpret correctly to 25fps, and if I send it to Adobe Media Encoder from Premiere Pro it says 25fps, but I would like to go directly to Adobe Media Encoder with my DPX sequences - but that way it reads the source as 29.97fps!
I can't find anywhere to alter the source framerate so Adobe Media Encoder will see it as 25fps....any suggestions what this all about?

Thanks in advance!

Frank Buck
.: Denmark :.

Return to posts index

Frank Andersson
Re: DPX sequence fixed to 29.97 fps?
on May 2, 2012 at 9:24:58 am

Anyone?

Frank Buck
.: Denmark :.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Musurca
Re: DPX sequence fixed to 29.97 fps?
on Oct 16, 2013 at 9:24:52 am

It may be too late for you, but I ran into the same problem and found a solution:

1) Add your DPX sequence(s) to the queue.
2) Select all sequences by Apple-clicking on the clip names one at a time.
2) Right-click on one clip name in the queue and select the "Interpret Footage..." option.
3) Select "Assume this Frame Rate" and type in the source framerate of your DPX footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]