FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are there any video editors with batch export?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave-iks
Are there any video editors with batch export?
on May 18, 2006 at 7:51:42 pm

We currently use Adobe Premiere Pro to produce several hundred small videos and it would be great to have a batch export function. Are there any editors out there with that capability?

Dave

Return to posts index

Troy III
Re: Are there any video editors with batch export?
on Jun 5, 2006 at 2:08:12 am

Dave, are these several hundred short clips the same clip or differnet projects?

Return to posts index

mathewm
on Jun 15, 2006 at 10:42:32 pm

I'm having the same issue. For my purposes though I want to batch render several different projects without interruption. So ideally I'd like to finish several different projects, then line them all up to be exported (with the same compression settings) automatically overnight or whatever.

I've been looking around like crazy for something but I haven't found anything yet. I'm using Premiere Pro at the moment but am open to other software if they could provide this.

Return to posts index

Troy III
Rediscovering VEGAS 6
on Jun 16, 2006 at 11:59:32 pm

Yes there is at least one, or the only one,
-Sony VEGAS 6.
1. You can finish your work in separate projects. Open a New Project for batch rendering. Drag'n'Drop your projects in the Timeline. dblClick-Select them, press, "R"-key to mark Regions one after another.
Go: Tools/Scripting/Batch Render -Click it! It will invoke Batch Render Dialog Box.

2. Set the path where your rendered files should be stored; Check "Render Regions" Radio Option; Find the desired Format Container; (f.i: Video for Windows) Expand it and check the desired Template(s) for encoding format(s) (f.i.: NTSC DV);

3. Click "OK" Button and "Go 2 Sleep".
That's around 3 steps tutorial, I can't get it any shorter Wink
Regards

Return to posts index

mathewm
on Jun 19, 2006 at 6:07:48 pm

You're a good man. Thank you very much.

I was dabbling with another idea of just combining all the scenes in one project, editing them all in the same project, and put a few seconds of black between each of them. Then split it up later with another non-rerendering program (virtualdub for instance) but this could prove a much better option, especially combined with the network rendering options Vegas provides.

Return to posts index

erica
on Jul 1, 2006 at 4:41:31 pm

i also recommend a soft for you ,Xili soft ,i'm right now using it.it does enable batch output and also very powerful in other aspects

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Jul 2, 2006 at 11:50:48 pm

it shouldn't be a big problem ,many software support this function,Xilisoft ,mentioned by erica is one among many others, you can try several gadgets and compare

Return to posts index

Troy III
on Jul 3, 2006 at 2:01:35 pm

Owen06, erica, you kids are kidding right?

Xilisofts are rippers and converters nothing more. (Mainly used for illegal purposes). Not for editing.

We are talking about ONE SHOT Batch Rendering of multiple (Authored) Edited Projects in Pro level here. -Not Ripping; Not Converting, but mainly SDDV or HDDV Broadcast delivering while maintaining highest quality possible.

You should:
READ BEFORE YOU POST!

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Jul 21, 2006 at 4:56:09 am

for illegal use?? you mean all those converters in the market are helping illegal activities?? how do you come to this conclusion?
if the suggest software is no help , you can come to this site http://www.sharewareguide.net/ type a key word and finde the answer

Return to posts index

Troy III
on Jul 21, 2006 at 8:36:32 am

You are avoiding the subject and you are way off the topic.
It's either that or your English is to bad.

Xilisofts, imToos and similar are toys for kids.

Vegas, Avid, Adobe, FinalCut, are proffesional NLE video editing/compositing systems.

The softs you and/or erica mention are Format Conversion Tools with Ripping capability . While NLE we talk about rely on capture capability which is a complete different story.

Make sure you distinguish the notions: "Render", "Convert" and also: "Rip", "Capture". [exclude screen capture]

if the suggest software is no help , you can come to this site http://www.sharewareguide.net/ type a key word and finde the answer

The problem is: We allready had the answer!

And No, you will not find an answer to this question at the site mentioned in hudred years.

Anyway, before you post, -make sure you Read AND Understand the question first.
Shocked

Return to posts index

Terry Stetler
on Aug 23, 2006 at 5:43:15 am

Don't forget Uleads MediaStudio Pro 8. You can set it to batch render one project to many formats or many different projects to whatever.

Procedure: save the current project, if any, then browse to: File/Create/Multiple Files. For each export you load a project file, set the options and the export filename. Click OK then go have dinner.

Matrox also has a batch engine built into their RT.X100 cards drivers, which uses Premiere Pro for edits. I'd be very suprised if it isn't in their new RT.X2.

Then there is also Canopus ProCoder 2, which is dedicated to the task;

http://www.canopus.com/products/ProCoderSW/index.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]