FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to convert video movie to iPod MP4 file?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
07daniel
How to convert video movie to iPod MP4 file?
on May 18, 2006 at 8:21:42 am

I have a new iPod. I want to transfer my movie on my computer to my iPod. A friend tell me that what I first need to do is converting video movie to iPod MP4 file. And he also recommends me a super iPod movie converter named ImTOO iPod Movie Converter.

I tried it and love it very much. It is easy to use, fast in speed and perfect in quality. I write a guide and hope that it will be helpful for you.

Procedure:

*1: [url=http://www.regnow.com/trialware/download/Download_ipod-movie-converter.exe?item=9641-19&affiliate=41214]Free download ImTOO iPod Movie Converter and save it in your computer, and then run it.

*2: Launch ImTOO iPod Movie Converter and the concise interface is as follows:

*3: Click "Add" button to select video format file(s) you want to convert to iPod MP4 file:

And the selected video format files will be displayed:

*4: Click "Profile" to select appropriate MP4 format as output file, iPod(30G) MPEG-4 Movie(*.mp4) or iPod(60G) MPEG-4 Movie(*.mp4). You can convert all selected files, or you can also highlight certain file you want to convert:

Note: You can select different output formats for different files, e.g. you select "MP3" as the output file for DivX019, and iPod(30G) MPEG-4 Movie(*.mp4) for other files, and the "target" area will show the format about output file:

After selecting certain output format, the right column will show general standard of the format. By clicking certain setting(s), you may specify it. Or just keep all the default setting to get the best output quality. And then you can click "Save As" button to save them as the appropriate name:

*5: Click "Browse" button to select an output path:

*6: Start to convert and rip video movie to iPod MP4 file: If you want to convert a selected file, right-click the file name and select "Rip Selected" under the menu; and if you want to convert all selected files, click "Start Ripping" button:

For a moment, you will successfully convert video movie to iPod MP4 file.

Tip:

1. It supports clip or segment conversion. You can convert any clip or segment by setting the start point and duration at your will. For example, if you want to convert a clip from 00:02:00 to 00:03:20, you can set "Start time" as 00:02:00 and "Duration" as 00:01:20:

2. When converting video movie to iPod MP4 file, you can click "Play" button to preview file. Please Note: This function is only for preview purpose.

Key features:

*Converts all popular video files to iPod Movie MP4 (iPod video format MPEG-4) and converts audio files to iPod supported MP3, AAC, M4A file format!
*Supported video formats: MPEG (mpg, mpeg, dat, vob); WMV; ASF; AVI; QuichTime (mov, qt); MPEG4 (mp4); 3GP; DV (dv, dif); Real Video (rm); Animated GIF (gif - decoding only); Macromedia Flash (swf - decoding audio only).
*Supported audio formats: MPEG Audio (mp2, mp3); WMA; WAV; AU; MPEG4 Audio (m4a); Real Audio (ra); OGG; AAC (will support soon); Raw AC3 (ac3); NUT Open Container Format (nut).
*Supported video codecs: MPEG1 video; MPEG2 video; MPEG4(DivX4/DivX5); MSMPEG4 V1; MSMPEG4 V2; MSMPEG4 V3 (DivX3); WMV7; WMV8; H263 (+) (Real Video 1.0); MJPEG; Lossless MJPEG; Apple MJPEG-B; Sunplus MJPEG; DV; Huff YUV; Asus v1; Asus v2; Creative YUV; H.264; Sorenson Video 1; Sorenson Video 3; On2 VP3; Theora; Intel Indeo 3; FLV; ATI VCR1; ATI VCR2; Cirrus Logic AccuPak; 4X Video; Sony Playstation MDEC; Id RoQ; Xan/WC3; Interplay Video; Apple Animation; Apple Graphics; Apple Video; Cinepak; Microsoft RLE; Microsoft Video-1; Westwood VQA; Id Cinematic Video; Planar RGB; FLIC video; Duck TrueMotion v1; VMD Video; MSZH; ZLIB; TechSmith Camtasia; IBM Ultimotion.
*Supported audio codecs: MPEG audio layer 2; MPEG audio layer 1/3; AC3; Vorbis; WMA V1/V2; AAC; Microsoft ADPCM; MS IMA ADPCM; QT IMA ADPCM; 4X IMA ADPCM; G.726 ADPCM; Duck DK3 IMA ADPCM; Duck DK4 IMA ADPCM; Westwood Studios IMA ADPCM; SMJPEG IMA ADPCM; CD-ROM XA ADPCM; CRI ADX ADPCM; Electronic Arts ADPCM; RA144; RA288; RADnet; AMR-NB; AMR-WB; DV audio; Id RoQ DPCM; Interplay MVE DPCM; Xan DPCM; Apple MACE 3; Apple MACE 6; FLAC.
*This iPod MP4 video converter is designed for video iPod, with variable settings and fast converting speed, iPod video converter is an affordable, high quality video encoder.
*Support multithreading and batch conversion.
*Fully support Intel? Pentium4 Hyper-Threading Processor and Pentium D Processor (820, 830 and 840).
*Extremely faster conversion speed! Inconceivable fast performance in converting video movie to iPod, converting video files to iPod and ripping movie to iPod beyond your imagination.
*Convert AVI to iPod supported video file. A lot of settings you can tweak to achieve best video and audio quality.
*Convert WMV to iPod.
*Convert MPEG, MOV, MP4, RM, RMVB, DivX, ASF, VOB to iPod video. It's not only an MP4 encoder but a MP4 decoder.
*iPod converter.

I love it. It makes my iPod life much enjoyable. It enable me to watch my favorite video movie on my iPod. Just share the happiness with me!

Return to posts index

bobbrown
Re: How to convert video movie to iPod MP4 file?
on Jun 28, 2006 at 9:15:05 am

just in addition to what was said i'd like to mention that i've found a converter that can convert flash movies (swf and flv) to mp4.
http://www.geovid.com/Flash_To_Video_Encoder

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Jul 1, 2006 at 2:59:32 am

i also use this Imtoo ipod video converter ,and i've just downloaded the PSP video converter, easy to use, though now in a little problem

Return to posts index

Troy III
on Jul 3, 2006 at 4:10:17 pm

07daniel

Thanks for this nice review and walkthrough for ImTOO.

But i think it would be polite not to skip mentioning that most of the
people who use iPods inevitably have iTunes & QuickTime installed
in their systems by default.
And that's about all you need to convert from/to and import/export to your iPod.

Yet owning additional tools for the same purpose don't do harm except maybe to your pocket.

Regards

Return to posts index

Indy555
on Jul 5, 2006 at 10:52:23 am

jamesbo: just in addition to what was said i'd like to mention that i've found a converter that can convert flash movies (swf and flv) to mp4.

if compare other converting programs, you`ll see that this one is more featured and easy in using-from my point of view

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Jul 5, 2006 at 12:00:50 pm

but you have to download from the officail website the QT, and in addition it can't convert all the incompatible formats ...i'v heared many people whining about the problems QT creates...

Return to posts index

badboy
on Jul 6, 2006 at 8:50:01 am

Have someone heard of WinAVI ipod video converter?
I'v just found it on the web.http://www.winavi.com/en/psp-3gp-mp4/ipod-video-converter.htmIt also can convert video files to ipod or psp.But i don't know if anyone have used it.Who knows?please tell me,how about it.
And i think i will download a trial version to try. Smile

Return to posts index

Troy III
on Jul 8, 2006 at 12:58:01 am

Owen06: but you have to download from the officail website the QT, and in addition it can't convert all the incompatible formats ...i'v heared many people whining about the problems QT creates...

If you have iTunes, you'll have QT also. And what is so wrong about downloading an original ap from it's official website?!!

~So you've heard!~
I think it is time for you to start making your own tests and make up your own mind, -don't you?

QT will convert any media it can play to iPod format*.
Including:

3gp [3GPP; 3GPP2; 3GPP(mobile MP4); 3GPP2(EZmovie); AMC(EZmovie)];
AVI <...>;
DV [DV Stream DV or DVCPRO];
FLC;
Hinted MOV;
IMG sequence [PNG; BMP; JPEG; TGA; TIFF etc];
iPod (320x240) strict standard;
MP4 [suporting H.264];
PCT [(animation) all available compression codecs including Sorensons],
MOV [same: all the available recognizable codecs by TQ]
If we talk about simplicity
It goes like this:
CTRL+E;
dropdown selct: "movie to iPod(320X240)";
CTRL+S -You're done!
And remember, most of the time people talk nonsense.

Return to posts index

badboy
on Jul 11, 2006 at 8:21:42 am

Just want to say,I've tried it.It work for me very good,and it supports transport my video files to my iPod/PSP directly.No need to install iTunes or other softwares.
Now it has putout [url=http://www.winavi.com/avi-to-psp.htm]v3.0.It make me easy to do the conversion,save my time.

Return to posts index

Indy555
on Jul 13, 2006 at 8:50:07 am

[quote="Salt"]
jamesbo: just in addition to what was said i'd like to mention that i've found a converter that can convert flash movies (swf and flv) to mp4.

just forgot to say- there`s a PRO-version of Flash to Video encoder on the same site Laughing

Return to posts index

Troy III
on Jul 28, 2006 at 1:55:41 pm

badboy: Just want to say,I've tried it.It work for me very good,and it supports transport my video files to my iPod/PSP directly.No need to install iTunes or other softwares.
Now it has putout [url=http://www.winavi.com/avi-to-psp.htm]v3.0.It make me easy to do the conversion,save my time.

If you want to offend somebody by intellect, you do it with somebody closer to your coefficient.

Since when imToo's are shipping with your Operating System like QuickTime and Windows Media Player does?
You make it sound like some fucken airborne disease, no need to download it you simply get it like you catch cold or something.
eXplain to us:

HOW DID YOU GET imTOO?

just don't tell us you've slept with someone you don't remember !!!

Return to posts index

dengfeng2010
on Aug 8, 2006 at 2:00:32 am

nice software
but i find another one which i think is also good

http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/index.html

Return to posts index

BLANCHEAPRIL
on Nov 20, 2006 at 11:23:18 am

Super convert dat to psp files?

http://www.datconverter.net/dat_to_psp/

Cucusoft iPod Video Converter Suite is an all-in-one iPod video Conversion solution. This Suite includes 6 software -- "Cucusoft iPod PSP MP4 Video Converter" and "Cucusoft DVD to iPod PSP MP4 Converter"(DVD Ripper Included). So with this iPod Video Converter Suite, you can convert both DVD media and video file media to iPod video/iPod movie.

Dat to psp, dat converter, dat, psp, vcd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]