FORUMS: list search recent posts

Movie with hi8 camera (Sony DCR TRV 265e)?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aaptha
Movie with hi8 camera (Sony DCR TRV 265e)?
on May 16, 2006 at 12:49:18 pm

Hi,

I am planning to make short movies using my sony dcr trv 265e. (This is a single CCD PAL camera). This doesn't have an external microphone. I intend to use an external mic directly connected to my computer's audio card.

I intend to record the video directly on to the harddisk. Will the quality of video be sufficient?

Thanks for any/all the help in advance,
Aaptha

Return to posts index

racerx135
Re: Movie with hi8 camera (Sony DCR TRV 265e)?
on Jun 3, 2006 at 3:27:39 am

Sure I used a SVHS and Hi-8 in a Targa System for years before DV caught on. you will need a way to get the Analog video into the computer. Unless you have a media center PC you probly need to add some kind of AV Digitizer Device.

I have not worked with Hi8 in a long time so I will not attemp to suggest a particular device but Im sure one of the videoguys here have the current best solution in mind. (For hi8 do not spend more then $200) for a device. As for editing software start with Windows movie maker or whatever comes with the AV digitizer device.

The bottom line is while fancy cameras will get you more quality the biggest factor is proper lighting and sound so focus on that and have fun.

Gary Pranzo
Media Impact

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]