FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid DV Xpress 3.5 - display problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ZeroCircle
Avid DV Xpress 3.5 - display problems
on May 11, 2006 at 1:14:29 am

I've exhausted my google searching capabilities... figured this was the best place to go.

I'm running Avid DV Xpress 3.5 on a 2.8ghz P4 w/ HT, 1 gig of ECC RAM, 30 gb main drive, 300 gb sata video drive, audigy, and a dual-head Matrox g550 video card...

This is my problem... when I play clips within Avid, the video stays frozen on a still image while the audio proceeds as usual. When I fastforward or rewind, the image moves... once I hit play, it freezes again.

Here's the weird thing... when I use only *one* display (disabling dual head), avid works. The video plays like it should. The problem resumes the second I go back to dual-head, regardless one if the two displays are set w/ separate resolutions, or locked into the same one.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting I need to enact? Something I'm overlooking? Because as far as I knew, the G550 was compatible w/ avid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Avid DV Xpress 3.5 - display problems
on May 11, 2006 at 4:30:08 pm

The Matrox dual head cards are kind of quirky about which head can do overlay. Try changing the preview windows to the other monitor.

Gary

Return to posts index

ZeroCircle
Re: Avid DV Xpress 3.5 - display problems
on May 11, 2006 at 5:00:36 pm

Thanks for the response!

When you suggest trying to change the preview windows to the other monitor, are you referring to simply dragging the preview over to the other side? Or is there an actual option to select within Avid xpress? If it's the first, then I've already tried that to no avail.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]