FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying new CPU for Adobe Production Studio Premium

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lumaret
Buying new CPU for Adobe Production Studio Premium
on May 9, 2006 at 7:31:50 am

My Old DELL cant handle fast enough my newly upgarded Adobe Production Studio Premium Suit.
I wonder what would you recommend me to buy (Processor, Graphic Card, Memory, HD, File System) in order to run it. I mostly use Premiere Pro, Encore, PhotoShop and a little After Effects.
I dont want to spend a lot of money, but I do want it to run smoothly.
Thank you for you helps guys;
Lumaret

Return to posts index

NoSoliciting.TV
Re: Buying new CPU for Adobe Production Studio Premium
on May 14, 2006 at 3:07:07 am

You can go to adobe's website and check what third party hardware they recomend for premiere and after effects...

Here is a link for premiere pro:
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/dvhdwrdb.html

here is a link for supported video cards for after effects:
http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/opengl.html

I would recomend getting a cheaper video card, that supports open gl 2.0, and has other new features as well... Any NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 (AGP and PCI-Express) would do... Unless you are doing 3D work there is no need to get into the crazy expensive cards. Just check against the card list for adobe ae, and get one of the cheaper cards with all the check marks for features...
I believe adobe products run fine on AMD's, and right now the AMD dual core processors out perform the intels, and they are cheaper. Get a lot of memory, I like Kingston, and make sure it is dual channel...
Asus makes good mother boards.
Hitachi makes the best HD's ALWAYS! Only go with Hitachi...
Make sure you get An asus motherboard like the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo that has SATA II HD ports. This Mboard comes with a 4channel SATA II port RAID controller... Hook up some Hitachi SATA II dirves and your set... Make sure both the Ports and the drives Support SATA II at 300gbps. File system is alway NTFS over FAT32.
Hope that helps...

If you want to see if you could upgrade you current system for cheaper, list you specs and I will give some advice on how to cheaply upgrade if it is possible...

Return to posts index

Loyd981
It may be better to buy a new system
on May 22, 2006 at 3:34:40 pm

I was in the same boat when I got my new software. I found that it was just better to buy a new system, because with money I would have spent on upgrades I got a new and better running system and less problems. Many of the AMD systems are going $600 to $800. You just have to shop around. The Intel systems are little more, but now everything runs great.

Loyd981

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]