FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green or Black DIY-4 For Pinnacle Studio?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wrahn
Green or Black DIY-4 For Pinnacle Studio?
on May 2, 2006 at 9:33:45 pm

I know the numbers are better for Green (AMD) than for Black (Intel), but numbers are just numbers. I'm upgrading my computer in order to upgrade my Studio 9 Plus to Studio 10 Plus and I have a gut feeling the Intel CPUs are more stable for NLE than the AMD CPUs. On the Pinnacle Forum, some of the members have supported my gut feeling with their own experiences and have used Intel rather than AMD.

It's getting near decision time and I know Green or Black, will work, but what is your opinion about which is best for Studio 9 or 10? I'm not a game player and don't intend to use the SLI function, but realize when building a system it's best to keep upgrade ability in mind, and both motherboards have this feature.

I have both systems roughed-out on my wish list on Newegg, now it's time for the decision. Thanks for any help you can give to help me make the decision.

Wes

Return to posts index

wrahn
Lousy Question?
on Jun 21, 2006 at 2:07:43 am

Crying or Very sad
I quess my question was a lousy question based on the zero response.

Or maybe nobody is planning on using the Pinnacle Studio NLE products.

Wes

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Green or Black DIY-4 For Pinnacle Studio?
on Jun 21, 2006 at 5:44:19 pm

either system is going to be overkill for Studio. That said - it alos means Stusio will run great on it todsay, and you cna upgrade ot Avid Liquid or Premiere pro or Vegas down the road.

Gary

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: Green or Black DIY-4 For Pinnacle Studio?
on Jun 23, 2006 at 6:29:39 pm

Wrahn-

My signature shows the hardware I'm working with. I am a faithful Studio 9 plus user (but am currently practicing with Adobe Premiere). If your question is AMD or Intel for a CPU, I recommend Intel based on the 6 months of research I did prior to buying my chip. Nearly everything I read suggested Intel had the slight advantage in the realm of editing. While the gaming world seems to like AMD more. I am not a gamer myself so my P4 chip was what I chose.

My system is FANTASTIC and very stable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]