FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY4 PATA RAID Drive help

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zap37
DIY4 PATA RAID Drive help
on Apr 18, 2006 at 9:55:40 pm

When I fist built my green DIY4, I did not have the two extra drives for the raid storage. I initially setup the A8N-SLI Deluxe with just the SATA for the apps and OS. I have since added two PATA drives, configured the bios to enable them for RAID and then setup the PATA boot utility to set up as a stripped array. I originally did not have a floppy drive and tried to load the drivers direct from the CD. Every time I boot XP I get a Raid failed to install error. I have since gone back and installed a temporary floppy and tried to install the IDE RAID drivers still no luck. The instructions seem to want to have you reload xp completely. Can anyone offer help, what am I missing or do the drivers really need to be installed the first time xp is installed? Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: DIY4 PATA RAID Drive help
on Apr 28, 2006 at 4:34:46 pm

we bought 2 Western Digital 250gb SATA drives. i connected them to the RAID controller, went into the raid software (hit ctrl-s like it said) and set up the raid0. went into windows, formatted the raid and everything is fine.

Feel free to email me at jon@videoguys.com with DIY4 as the subject (to get my attention) with any questions you may have.

- Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]