FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle Studio 500 and Pinnacle Studio 10

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vicks
Pinnacle Studio 500 and Pinnacle Studio 10
on Apr 16, 2006 at 6:18:11 am

i have been using a Hauppauge wintv pvr usb-2 for capturing and creating a dvd, however it has become a challenge with the patches for Movie Factory 4 and the updates on drivers, apps etc. for the Hauppauge unit.

Needless to say this has been a pain, since the last time I used the unit was last fall before Christma for video to dvd creations for presents. They all turned out well some 20 of them with the Hauppauge install software and Movie factory 3 proggys used.

Then I went to use it this week for Easter gifts for the grandkids and it has been a pain. there have been updates for the Hauppsuge and movie factory and it took many posts to several forums to get the unit working. after all the money and registration for the hauppauge, you would think at least they would advise when new installs are needed.

Anyway, I posted here as I can't find a Pinnacle forum. My better half was so sick of the length of time to get the Hauppauge and MF 4 working a purchase of the Pinnacle Studio 500 was made.

What we wanted to know is if there is a forum on this Pinnacle Studio 500 and Pinnacle Studio version 10 program, is it user friendly, what we have read is that we have to drag and drop??? What is that all about? we are Noob's and the use of Hauppauge and Movie Factory 4 does not need that (which would not be user friendly to us) as we like the program to do the work in the event that we err and take excessive time to perform a relatively easy task.
We haven't opened the box yet. Simply googled and read some reviews. And thought some members here may have experienced comments.

All we want to do is convert our vhs videos to DVD format, no music added, no editing etc. Just a simple creation of a dvd from a vhs.

Will this proggy and unit do it with easy interface for Noob's (without drag'n drop???. We are sick of the Hauppauge unit that a friend convinced us to get with the tv tuner that we don't use and then all of these updates to the unit and then the patches for the movie factory 4 program to do the creation of a dvd from a vhs tape. Since we don't use the program regularly and Hauppauge is not the easiest to install it became a long drawn out process.

We would appreciate comments, thankyou.
The stores here in British Columbia are all pushing Hauppauge usb 2 units for Notebooks video capturing.
Regards and we look forward to comments from experienced Pinnacle Users. Thankyou

Return to posts index

edward
studio 10
on Apr 28, 2006 at 7:39:41 am

Hi Vicks.The short answer for studio 10 is 'don't" Its a very buggy program and although I used version 9 for 2 years, on a compaq notebook for lotsa short video clips, I now am off pinnacle/avid products altogether. i have used them altogether for about 5 years I think. Magix Movie Edit pro is a much better program, heaps better priced (cheaper) than anything else and seems stable as a rock. Magix is a leader in Video editing stuff.
Drag and drop refers to the timeline editing mode. After you transfer the video from the camera or other scource you have little pictures at about every 15 seconds, showing what has been transfered. These can be left click selected and dragged to the timeline. The puter then takes a moment to transfer the clip to the timeline. 'easy-peasy' actually. When all is on the timeline, the project is saved and then burnt to CD, or DVD as required. Good luck, Eddie
Pays to put a little about your machine type, windows version etc when asking a question.

Return to posts index

Vicks
Re: Pinnacle Studio 500 and Pinnacle Studio 10
on Apr 28, 2006 at 4:09:09 pm

Thx for the reply, i thought that i did post re toshiba 2410 satellite, intel pent 4, mobile processor, XP, 512 RAM, 1.9 gigs, memeroy used 44%.
I will be unboxing my new toshiba notebook the M50-MX5 next week, a much faster unit and using the new one and this as my backup; though my techie is after me to purchase it.
But it is not for sale! its my little work horse.

I went out and bought a second Hauppauge unit wintv pvr usb2 and am planning on purchasing the Movie Factory program soon as i understand there will be a new version released soon with some enhancements. This info I got from one of the forums that I am in.

I have a lot of video transfers to do and will be able to use both units. The Hauppauge has always performed well for me and after googling and looking at video forums and asking questions I felt this was the best route to go.
I thought that perhaps there maybe something newer out there and thus I did the post.
But the Quality of my capturing and creating of dvd's with the Hauppauge unit has been more than satisfactory, I simply thought that I maybe dated in what I was using and that there also may have been a faster, more efficient method.

Thanks again for the comments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]