FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring video from a DV camera using a usb cable

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anohr
Transferring video from a DV camera using a usb cable
on Apr 5, 2006 at 2:29:24 pm

Hi, I have a mini dv camera and i have been trying to transfer video to Pinnacle 9 using a usb cable. According to the camera manual i should be transferring the video with firewire or with a usb cable. however, since only a usb cable was supplied with the camera and i do not have a firewire port, i am trying to transfer the video with the usb. the problem is that once i press capture in pinnacle, either the picture or the sound are not captured, i.e. sometimes the picture only is captured and some other times (rarely) only the sound is captured. i am very frustrated and even though i have changed the settings on pinaccle accordingly, i have not solved the problem.

Can someone help me pls? This problem is driving me crazy. Is there a way that i can transfer video in Pinncale 9, from a dv camcorder using the usb cable and capturing both audio and video?

Any comments are most welcome.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

gary_hend
Re: Transferring video from a DV camera using a usb cable
on Apr 13, 2006 at 12:41:43 am

Hi anohr,

Do not try to transfer video to the computer using a USB cable. That is one problem with many camcorder manufacturers.

The truth is, a USB cable cannot transmit data fast enough to transfer video footage. Do yourself a favor - go get a cheap $30 Firewire PCI card and install it into your computer. Then you can transfer video with Firewire easily.

If you want to learn more, then check out [url=http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/capture-video.html]this article which teaches you how to capture video into your computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]