FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Problems with Canon and XP

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego Lopez
Capture Problems with Canon and XP
on Mar 25, 2006 at 5:46:38 pm

I recently found out I can't capture video from my Canon Optura 10 to my computer that is running a non-legit XP with SP1.

I had to reformat after a system drive crash and I have everything backed up and ready to install as reformatting is something I do all too often. I've reformatted the same drive numerous times and this new drive is a different brand and storage size, but everything else is the same. I have changed only a power supply and system drive since I was last able to successfully capture and edit video on the same machine.

When I plug in the camera and turn it on with all cables properly attached, the camera reads the DV firewire cable (it says "DV IN" as usual), but XP does not read a removable storage device nor do Premiere or Windows Moviemaker read a video device.

My system shows that my card is installed and running properly and I can't download anything from windowsupdate because my XP is not legit. I had run my computer on the now defunct drive with no internet connection in the past using only the drivers I had backed up and had no problem.

Any ideas where else to troubleshoot? Everything I can think of seems to be running as it should

I would really appreciate any help on this.

[Please ask if there is any other information that might help figure this out, I already talked to my IT friend and he couldn't help me]

Return to posts index

Vidyut
Re: Capture Problems with Canon and XP
on May 15, 2006 at 2:57:10 pm

Check if your firewire/IEEE port is working correctly. Does your camera work with any other computer you have tried? I had a similar problem before, and it turned out to be a malfunctioning firewire port. I had used it with other computers and it was fine, but it developed a problem after that, and I had many sleepless nights trying to figure out what was wrong. I used to get DV IN too, but no signal seemed to be going to the comp.

Return to posts index

Diego Lopez
Re: Capture Problems with Canon and XP
on May 15, 2006 at 7:56:41 pm

Thanks for the response.

It was a malfunctioning OS.

I reformatted and reinstalled windows and now it works.

THanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]