FORUMS: list search recent posts

capturing problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary_hend
capturing problems
on Mar 23, 2006 at 7:32:21 pm

for some reason my computer doesnt detect my camera so i cant capture anything. it use to work and now it just doesnt detect in movie maker, premiere, or pinnacle. ive tried firewire, usb, dv, and s-video plugs and none work, but they all work on my friends computer. anyone know why my computer would just stop detecting my camera?

Return to posts index

Diego Lopez
RE
on Mar 25, 2006 at 5:30:47 pm

Hey Gary,

I have a similar problem except I haven't tried my camera on other computers.

What system are you running on and have you made any changes to it recently between when you could and could not capture?

I had a system drive crash and had to reinstall XP (non-legit) on a new drive. Everything else seems to work but my firewire card. Windows finally has a verification system for downloading updates so now I can't get any drivers I might need.

I've tried searching all my drivers for something but it looks like I never had or used one for that card. I frequently reformat and am rebuilding my case so I thought I had everything backed up so I could be up and fully running within hours of a crash. I have tried installing SP2 but that only nixed my ability to play sounds. I uninstalled that and still have no capturing ability.

Premiere doesn't read a device and XP doesn't read any removable storage device (which is what it was read as before). My system shows the firewire card is running normally but I still get no reaction to when I plug the camera in and turn it on.

I know the camera reads the cable because it shows "DV IN" on the display, which was its normal behavior before I had any problems.

Maybe we can help each other find answers on this problem and get running again.

Good Luck

Return to posts index

gary_hend
cable
on Mar 26, 2006 at 2:16:06 pm

I had a problem with a cable. I tried with other cable and now everything is OK

Return to posts index

Diego Lopez
Re: capturing problems
on Mar 26, 2006 at 8:47:53 pm

I'll give that a try.

Return to posts index

Diego Lopez
Re: capturing problems
on Mar 30, 2006 at 6:24:17 pm

I bought new cable and am getting the same behavior. My next effort is going to be a reformatting only because it has worked before.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]