FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray and HDVD is the war over?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
emmedin
Blu-ray and HDVD is the war over?
on Mar 11, 2006 at 10:42:30 am

Both Blu-ray and HDVD formats have been in development since 2004. As they square up to each other, trying to establish to see who will be the winner, they may find that the Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) may overtake them.

The HVD format was developed by the Japanese company Optware and others. If the holographic disc takes off, having a much greater storage capacity the either Blu-ray or HDVD, it could make the DVD technology redundant in a very short space of time.

In relation to HDV is the moment right to purchase a DVD based technology, either Blu-ray or HDVD, when a far superior format is lurking in the background? In short are the days of DVD numbered.

Return to posts index

Wesley Cardone
Re: Blu-ray and HDVD is the war over?
on Mar 17, 2006 at 5:27:32 pm

I would be willing to bet the outcome will follow the path of VHS/BetaMax. Those two battled it out in the 80s until it became clear VHS was clearly inferior. VHS then was made to be free and it took off like crazy.

Return to posts index

NoTx
by
on Dec 14, 2006 at 11:32:56 pm

HD-DVD, HVD and Blu-ray… what a selection.

HVD sounds interesting… but it is hard to get a competitive product on the market after two others have been battling it out. HVD just might die on the branch in my opinion. Then again, my opinion is often considered off in left field (or space).

Right now Blu-ray and HD-DVD each have just over a hundred videos on the market. The studios are supporting them, and Blu-ray is readily available on the computer side of the game. Many people may think this is a minor thing… but it isn’t. More players is simply more players. And having burners established on the market means Blu-ray has a significant edge most people seem to ignore.

HVD would have a lot to over come… and just by trying it will actually be impacting the success of all three. In the end… I plan on Blu-ray. And am planning accordingly.

Return to posts index

strait
on Feb 14, 2007 at 2:56:53 pm

We dont need three formats & only time will tell which of the three will win.
Cool

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]