FORUMS: list search recent posts

THE RIGHT CARD TO GET

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paulo2714
THE RIGHT CARD TO GET
on Feb 2, 2005 at 6:28:57 am

THANKS, GARY,

I Just read your recomendations on NLE machines. My Intel P4 is a Hyper threading 3.2 processor. I Looked at my ABIT Board It is a TI7 not made anymore, but carries the USB 2.0 and a raid built onboard. Which Video Cards would you recomend with thopen GL and do you think Pinnicle le Pro is the right thing for Me..........Thanx Paulo

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: THE RIGHT CARD TO GET
on Feb 2, 2005 at 1:59:50 pm

Liquid Edition 6 is a great NLE. I really like it. The Pro breakout box ads all the I/O you need.

Your machine looks good. For low cost graphics check out the ATI Radeon 9600 or the nVidia FX5700. We like nVidia Quadro based grpahics card for the best OpenGL performance, but they are more expensive.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

blueturtles
on Feb 25, 2005 at 3:42:03 pm

Hi Gary,

I am new to this message board. I was wondering if you have the time, can you explain some of the pros and cons of both of the cards you listed above.

I am interested in one of the cards (I won't tell you which one, so that you won't be influenced by my possible selection).

I have been reading this board for about a month and you guys are going a great job. I have learned a bunch. Keep up the work!

Cheers, Jon

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Feb 26, 2005 at 2:29:45 pm

I'm a big nVidia fan, and I really like Quadro based cards. We see that GPU poewer and open GL are becoming more and more important for NLE. These card are the best at that.

With LE6Pro, I change my tune a littel bit. Pinnacle tech guys really prefer ATI over nVidia. They aslo say that LE6 Pro will deliver more real-time HDV performance with a 256 meg card.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]