FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY4 -Graphics card -PowerColor RADEON X800 XL 512MB

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ctc
DIY4 -Graphics card -PowerColor RADEON X800 XL 512MB
by
on Mar 10, 2006 at 3:52:35 pm

I have spent several hours surfing "Graphics card" because i, for some unknown reason, couldn't understand why the PNY 540 FX is so popular when it comes to building machines at this site. I know the breakoutbox is a good argument, but how about SILENCE and the new VIVO-technologi. I haven't really been able to find any answer regarding the need for VIVO when editing...( Premiere pro and After Effekts) -does anyone know more about this issue ?

I am also interested in getting to know more about the need for ram when editing. Surely 512 must be better than 128 ??????

I have come to fall in love with the "PowerColor RADEON X800 XL 512MB" because of the silent cooler and the dual dvi -A quick look at the PNY card doesn't give the impression that it's running low-noise but i haven't been able to find any rewievs.......

Also looking at the "Saphire x800 xl" it seems you have to buy the upgraded "ULTIMATE"-version if you dont want your machine to run very noisy...-perhaps this card will do ? it does not have VIVO and it's got half the amount of ram (256) compared to "PowerColor"

BIG question is if extra ram and VIVO is worth the extra buck ???
( i'm planing to build the DIY4 )

PowerColor RADEON X800 XL 512MB rewiev:
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=1342&search=XFX

Saphire rewiev:
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/sapphire_radeon_x800_xl_ultimate_pcie_r...

kind regards
CTC

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: DIY4 -Graphics card -PowerColor RADEON X800 XL 512MB
on Mar 10, 2006 at 11:03:29 pm

The video card industry exists because of gamers. The video editing industry generally does not need all that RAM. With one caveat--> some programs like pinnacle's editing solution uses the video card to create a more realtime like editing experience by using the video card's chip. Now some animation creaters will utulize the video card's capabilites more than standard video editors.

I always tell people to check the software company's website on suggested RAM or cards for editing.

Just think of this; when you have your editing program up and running. Approximatly 80 percent of your 2 screens sits idol VERSES your whole screen is always changing when your playing a game.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]