FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio 9 Plus CD Audio, or not...!!!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mr Maverick
Studio 9 Plus CD Audio, or not...!!!!
on Mar 7, 2006 at 4:43:41 pm

Hi Guys, Newbie here,

I'm a user of Studio 9 Plus and i am working on something for my daughter and i need to add sound, I have the sounds in MP3 format but as I cannot see a way of adding a mp3 overlay I made a CD with Nero which works fine in all cd players but STUDIO will not see it, My PC see's it fine and plays it, Studio will see an original CD but not a home burnt one, The files are all CDA format.

Any idea guys would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mr Maverick
Re: Studio 9 Plus CD Audio, or not...!!!!
on Mar 10, 2006 at 10:18:00 am

Helloooooo, is there any life out there

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Bringing in External music to Studio 9
on Mar 14, 2006 at 7:36:12 pm

Hellooooooo MR,

I have recently moved up to Avid Liquid, but remember well frustrations with Studio. Importing external music was not one of those issues, however. I have imported external music successfully into some of my projects, so the good news is that it can be done. Please describe the process that you went through to import the MP3 files.... This is probably just a little procedure confusion.... We should be able to get you up an running. Hey, us newbies need to stick together!.

Return to posts index

Mr Maverick
on Mar 15, 2006 at 10:35:08 am

Hi there tesladude,

Thanks for your reply, I have since got the software to import from a home burnt CD, (I re-installed the whole thing.)

But as far as i know there is no way to put an MP3 track over a project is there... Would love to know if there is. I use Studio 9 Plus.

What is Avid Liquid like, is it as good or better than Studio. Does it have all the transitions that studios has,

Look forward to hearing from you,

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Here is how to drop in MP3 files
on Mar 16, 2006 at 1:09:32 am

Here are the steps necessary to import an mp3 file
into a Studio 9 project:

1) Identify the directory containing the mp3 file(s). If you do not already know the directory location, it can be identified via the windows file search utility,i.e. Left mouse button click start --> Search --> Pictures, music, video --> type in *.mp3 in the text bar labeled "All or part of the file name". A list will appear in the right panel of the search results window. Right mouse button click on the file of interest and select "properties" from the resulting pull down window. The location of the file is there. Make a note of it.

2) Open up Studio 9.x. Follow that up by opening the project of interest (File --> Open Project....)

3) Select the Timeline editing mode. This can be accomplished by either clicking the timeline icon that exists between the preview window in the upper left and the bottom panel containing video, OR it can be entered by selecting "View" from the menu bar at the top of the studio window and selecting "timeline". You must be in the timeline mode to insert either smartsound music tracks or your home brew mp3's

4) Find the MP3 file of interest from Studio. To accomplish this you need to navigate the Studio User interface to locate the sound browser. Getting to the sound browser is not too difficult. Notice the little toolbox located at the upper right hand corner of the timeline track? (It is at about mid-screen on the left). Steer your mouse pointer over the right hand side of the toolbox and you will see a little speaker displayed. Click on that little speaker. Click on it a second time. Notice that the panel above it changes and introduces a different set of features. Clicking subsequently will toggle between two views. Do so until the view with a speaker icon appears in the upper left hand of the display. This icon will be the forth (from the top) of five icons arranged in a column. Click on the little speaker icon. Now you are in the sound browser.

Studio starts off with a default directory when the sound browser gets going, I think it is "soundeffects" or something of that ilk. In any event you will notice two little folder icons located to the right of a pull down menu. (This will be in the upper left quadrant of the display). These allow you to browse for files on your system. I find the second icon (the one without the up arrow) more useful because it brings up the windows file explorer directly. Click on that second iconand navigate to the directory that you located in step 1. The Mp3 files appear as little boxes with a "squiggle" on them. Presumably, the squiggle denotes sound...

5) Drag your MP3 file to the timeline. Accomplish this by left clicking on the MP3 file and while holding the left mouse button down, drag and drop it either on the sound track (identified with a speaker symbol in the lower panel) or on the music track (identified by the treble clef symbol in the lower panel.

Done!

Good luck

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Any Luck?
on Mar 18, 2006 at 11:44:28 pm

Mr. Maverick, Any luck importing MP3 files into studio?

Return to posts index

Mr Maverick
on Mar 19, 2006 at 8:52:47 am

Hi there tesladude,

Okay, i have tried al of what you said and all was going well up untill i clicked the tool box the second time,

Once the little speaker icon appears i click it for the menu to pop up but the second click only makes it disappear instead of offering more options.

The version i am using is 9.4.3.

Any ideas.....????

Thanks very much for your reply though.

Return to posts index

John Applegate
toolbox speaker icon
on Mar 19, 2006 at 2:59:57 pm

Hello Maverick,

Sure, make sure that double clicks are not being performed. Also, make sure that the first click is performed on the speaker next to the tool box, not on the tool box, itself. You will not be looking for a popup per se, but a change in the window directly above the tool box. Studio has more options than can be displayed in the window above the toolbox. Thier answer to this is to allow the user to toggle between two views to reveal all of the options. This is true for the video side of the toolbox as well. Anyways... Here are some more detailed steps:

1) Click on the speaker next to the tool box one time.
2) Examine the window above the toolbox.
3) If you see a speaker (this is not the speaker next to the toolbox) on one of the tabs then click on that tab (speaker) and follow the rest of the instructions related previously.
4) If you dont see the speaker tab, go back to the toolbox speaker icon and click on it one more time. That should reveal the view in the window above the toolbox that contains the speaker tab. From there click on that tab (speaker) and follow the rest of the instructions related previously.

Hope this helps

John

Return to posts index

Mr Maverick
on Mar 21, 2006 at 8:34:02 am

Hi again tesladude,

I know which toolbox you mean and i can see the speaker icon pop up, it is to the left above the timeline screen, When the speaker icon appears, I click on it, wait a few seconds and click again but it just makes it close again. I have tried loads of times and no mater what i do i cannot bring up a second set of icons,

Are you using Studio 9 Plus version 9.4.3 If so is there something activated in yours but not in mine, I was under the impression i had activated everything. I also retyped in the code for the MP3 plug in,

I would really like to be able to use MP3 in this it would save me a load of trouble burning CD'S.

Look forward to hearing from you again..

Return to posts index

Mr Maverick
on Mar 21, 2006 at 3:35:30 pm

Still no joy

Return to posts index

John Applegate
Fighting other demons?
on Mar 21, 2006 at 6:07:28 pm

Hello Maverick,

Sounds frustrating. I have Studio Plus 9.4.3, Studio plus 10.5 and Avid Liquid 7 SP2 installed on my system.

The fact that you cannot get the second set of tabs to toggle when clicking on the toolbox speaker icon leads me to suspect that you may be fighting other gremlins in addition to fighting Pinnacle studio itself. Since we're both Studio victims I would be willing to take a look at your config if you would like. I'm not promising anything but there might be something that presents itself in the profile that could help in debug. The easiest way to do this is to download and install Belarc's free advisor product:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

When you run Belarc Advisor, it will create a list of your systems assets, installed apps, drivers, etc. and will then present that data in a web page which the tool creates. Examine the report and see if you can find anything awry. Again, if you would like me to take a look at the report feel free to shoot me a copy DIRECTLY (tesladude@ieee.org).

Note: please do NOT post the results here on the forum as the report also provides the license codes for your applications. Publishing those codes here would allow pirating of the apps by ner-do-wells.

- John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]