FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD TV tuner/capture cards

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
garstan
HD TV tuner/capture cards
on Mar 4, 2006 at 6:25:02 pm

Newbie here. Any answers appreciated.

Beginning to think of building a new system. If/when I do it will be 64 bit. Probably an AMD CPU. Currently using an Athlon 1800+ with WinXP Home SP2 and capturing with a Pinnacle AV/DV card (with the blue breakout box) and using Vegas Movie Studio 6 for editing. I'm just a home hobbiest...no pro or even prosumer.

Does anyone know the timeline for HD capture cards? How about HD TV tuner cards? Are there (will there be any) that combine capture and TV tuning? I'd like to be able to capture HD TV directly onto the computer so I can edit out commercials and then burn to DVD. I currently have an HD TV and get my HD signal over the air from an antenae. ALL of the local stations in my area broadcast HD OTA.

Anyway, I'd like to do this and capture with one card if possible. Or would I be better off using two cards? One for TV tuning and one for capturing. If I had to buy a capture card now it would be the Canopus ACEDVio but I'd rather wait if HD cards are just around the corner.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

garstan
Re: HD TV Tuner/Capture cards
on Mar 4, 2006 at 6:30:28 pm

Forgot to mention....I use a DV camcorder. But I have a lot of VHS tapes I need to convert to DVD. That's why I want analog and DV. The camcorder is not HD. Just trying to plan for the future since this may be the last setup I ever build.

Return to posts index

goodsunny
Backup your dvd to audio formats.
on Nov 20, 2006 at 8:26:41 am

Backup your dvd to audio formats.

http://www.dvdcdconverter.com/dvd-backup.html/

DVD Backup To backup your dvd to audio files. It is a all-in-one DVD Copying tools which Make high quality backup copies of your favorite DVD movies. It supports most DVD Writer with DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+R / DVD+RW formats.

dvd backup, dvd converter, dvd movies, cd converter, dvd copy

Return to posts index

BLANCHEAPRIL
Re: HD TV tuner/capture cards
on Nov 20, 2006 at 11:37:03 am

How to convert to the dvd video formats?

http://www.allconverter.net/dvd_player/

Photo DVD wizard allows you to make interesting slideshows of your photos which can be watched on TV or other popular DVD player. You can enjoy them with your friends and family. Photo DVD Wizard can help you make great quality shown on TV with excellent background music.

dvd, dvd player, dvd converter, convert dvd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]