FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need a 3 monitor set up. Which Nvidia cards do I get?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fishquail
I need a 3 monitor set up. Which Nvidia cards do I get?
on Mar 2, 2006 at 7:40:47 pm

I am curently running the Matrox Parphelia AGP card with 3 monitors attached for my NLE with Matrox RTX100 Pro system. I love it! However, I am going to upgrade my computer and build the DIY3 system for HD editing in the future. And I now have to get a PCIexpress video card.

I am in need of a solution for video cards that will provide me with 3 video monitor output. Currently all of the Nvidia cards offer 2 VGA or DVIs'. So I would have to have a second graphics card for 3 monitors. Here is the problem. Most new graphics cards are PCI express and if get two PCI express cards then my Supermicro MB would not have an extra slot free for if I was ever to get a HDV editing card like the Canopus Edius NX which uses one of the PCI express slots.

So I guess I need a solution for 1 PCIexpress graphics card for 2 monitors and maybe 1PCI graphics card for the 3rd monitor.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

fishquail
Re: I need a 3 monitor set up. Which Nvidia cards do I get?
on Mar 2, 2006 at 7:42:44 pm

PS:
I know what your thinking... but the Matrox Parphelia AVPe will not work for me becasue it dosnt support OpenGL which is very important to me. I am aware it is the only 3 monitor PCIexpress card on the market. -If it only had OpenGL it would work.

Would I be foolish to get a cheap PCI graphics card for my 3rd monitor like the Nvidia eVGA GeForce MX 4000 / 64MB DDR / PCI / VGA / Video Card?
Would this cheap $35 dollar card mess up my NLE in any way?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]