FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY3 / best video card? / Nvidia 1400 vs 540 vs gForce7800

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fishquail
DIY3 / best video card? / Nvidia 1400 vs 540 vs gForce7800
on Mar 2, 2006 at 8:50:38 am

I want the best video card for $500 bucks. Which one should I get?

I am about to assimble the DIY3 dual Xeon system you specified exactly except the video card -witch is now oudated I should say. You guys should maybe update your specs cause the 1300 is only conditionaly supported by premiere 2.0. The 1400 and 540 are fully supported. (see adobe hardware compatability page)

As far as the DIY3 system my only worries are picking the right video card. Please help me figure this complex matter out.

Its come down to the Nividia Quadro FX 540, FX 1400, or the gForce 7800GT and I dont know which to pick. Does it really matter for NLE? Will one card render faster, more layers of video, better open GL????

I have read that the 7800GT is a consumer card, but its specs are way way better than the quadro FX1400 proffesional card. They are both about the same price - around $500 - so What performace should I expect to get out of the quadro 1400 that i would not get from the 7800 card.

THe quadro FX1400 has:
128mb, 19.2GB/sec Bandwith, 2.8billion Texels per second, and no dual link DVI
----- vs------
The gForce 7800GT:
256mb, 32GB/sec Bandwith, 8 billion Texels per second, and dual link DVI plus HDTV output/input!!!

So the gForce wins as far as "on paper specs" are concerned. But I really only care about NLE performace and stability in Adobe apps, and Avid and such. I Don't need peformace for games or 3D apps like Mya 3d studio max. Also, the HDTV output is very important to me and the 1400 dosnt have it but the 540 does have it.

I want the best video card for $500 bucks. Which one should I get?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]