FORUMS: list search recent posts

adobe premier version 2 capture card

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JAN
adobe premier version 2 capture card
by
on Feb 21, 2006 at 7:43:46 pm

I am planning to buy the new adobe premier vs 2 editing platform The full package is quoted $1699 Does this include a capture card If not what capture card should I buy? Matrox RTX 100 was bundled with Premier 1..5 for $1099 Is there a similar package for Premier 2?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: adobe premier version 2 capture card
on Feb 21, 2006 at 11:38:59 pm

If you buythe RTX100 today, you get a free upgrade ot the Adobe Production Studio Std. (Prem pro 2, After Effects 7, Photoshop CS2). Pretty amazing for only $1099. If you want the Prod Studio Premium, we offer a bundle with the RTX100 for only $1,850

http://www.videoguys.com/rtx100.html

Gary

Return to posts index

VtDig
RTX-100 - Videoguys just told me it isn't compatible
on Mar 13, 2006 at 4:28:16 pm

...with dual core machines.

I am a long time customer and just called in to get capture card help for the new machine I am building.
Guy on the phone (at Videoguys) recommended that I not go with the Matrox card becasue it is not compatible with newer machines, including the dual core processors. He said customers are returning the cards because of the incompatibility. Although he then said that for Premiere it was the best option.

Matrox says it is compatible with the dual core 955 chipsets (and one other). Are you guys sure it was not something other than "Just" the dual core?

Also, I was less than impressed with the attitude of your phone rep. It has been better in the past.

Return to posts index

JAN
adobe premier pro
by
on Mar 14, 2006 at 11:47:16 am

Referring to previous query about capture cards etc. OK here is my problem
I want to buy the Adobe Premiere 2 Production Studio. Will the package quoted by Adobe in Videoguys i.e. $1699, as is, run perfectly well on my computer. Is it complete? Or do I then still have to buy an extra capture card?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 14, 2006 at 10:24:51 pm

The Adobe Production Studio does not require a capture card. If you have a firewire port, you can input and ouput from your DV cam. If you have an older analog camcorder, just ad a converter box like the Pyro AV Link for $150.

The RTX100 card adds analog I/O and a bunch of cool real-time features. It is not required.

Gary

Return to posts index

VtDig
RTX100 - matrox, dual core, Premier Pro etc
on Mar 15, 2006 at 4:10:31 pm

Thank you for the lucid, helpful reply.
I attached the email about dual core below from Matrox.

I agree about the firewire card etc. But, since Adobe is providing a free upgrade if you purchase the RTX100 and the whole suite is only $1099 if bought with the card, isn't it cheaper to go the card/package route?

Thank you again.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:43 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I am not certain where you read that but the RT.X100 definitely supports Dual-Core processors. Any motherboards that use the Intel 945,955, or 7525 chipsets are compatible with the RT.X100. These three chipsets specifically support Dual-Core processors. For specific motherboards that support these Dual-Core chipsets please refer to the following page:
http://www.matrox.com/video/support/rtx100xtremepro/rec/home.cfm

Please note that when it comes a motherboard being incompatible, it is the type of chipset that is incompatible and not the specific processor (i.e Intel vs AMD or singel core vs Dual-Core). Perhaps the confusion is that currently there are no chipsets that support the newer AMD processors and support the RT.X100.

Please let me know where you saw this statement and I will look into it for you however I can say without a doubt that Dual-Core processors are definitely compatible. We actually use a Dual-Core system in the technical support test system.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 15, 2006 at 8:49:04 pm

Matrox is right on the money about chipsets being the most important issue. We're running into mixed success here with dual cores & RTX100. Many guys are having no problems at all. Our frustration is that for the guys who do run into issues, we're not finding the right fixes.

I would say that going with a Intel 945 or 955 chipset is going to be your best bet here.

Gary

Return to posts index

Wesley Cardone
Re: RTX-100 - Videoguys just told me it isn't compatible
on Mar 31, 2006 at 4:39:01 pm

VtDig: Also, I was less than impressed with the attitude of your phone rep. It has been better in the past.

I had the same experience a few weeks ago when the salesman I usually deal with was out and I accepted anyone the operator handed me off to. That is sort of like looking in the Yellow Pages for a dentist! If that had been my first contact with Videoguys and I didn't already know about the usual good service, I can assure you I would have not bothered them again.

Ask for Jim. He will treat you right.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 31, 2006 at 9:33:13 pm

I apologize for any service that was less than excellent. Sometimes guys have bad days, but that's no excuse.

Jim is one of our top sales guys. He's also known for cutting some great bundle deals on the phone Wink

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]