DIY4

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kenc
DIY4
by
on Feb 20, 2006 at 11:09:57 am

Hows it going guys? The DIY4 that is.
I'm one very anxious person as I am waiting to build the intel side.
please lets know where we are at (6days) over due. PLEASE GUYS the suspence.

Regards,
Ken

Return to posts index

nichchr
DIY4
on Feb 20, 2006 at 12:34:32 pm

I know whatcha mean about the suspense, but I don't think we want them to rush on this. A lot people, including myself, will probably build this new machine (or something if a one off). So I'd much prefer to bite my nails a while longer while they do the thorough job they always do and get it right. (I built the DIY2 box and was really impressed)

And I bet they're anxious to get it out too, not just for all the kudos we'll be showering 'em with, but also so we can buy some of the pieces from this site. Gotta represent, right?

Cheers to building our new editing machines in the coming weeks!

Peace.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: DIY4
on Feb 21, 2006 at 3:55:20 am

Both machines were a breeze to assemble. Burn in is now complete. We're installing and testing the NLEs now.

Sorry for the delays here, but as was mentioned, we know your going to follow our recipe. We have to make sure it's a winner.

So far, so good! http://www.videoguys.com/DIY4.html

Gary

Return to posts index

Colt
Hoping for good details
by
on Feb 28, 2006 at 5:34:29 pm

I am aslo holding off assembly of a nearly identical machine still waiting for a few components.
From reading the Asus forum on the p5Wd2 premium board there are apparently a lot of people having trouble getting them running right. I hope when you guys write the final article, you will give details on whether you had to flash the bios (which apparently you do for the D9XX cpus. Did you have to run some program on the WD hdd to get it to run Sata II. Which interface you installed the system drive on.
Many people seem to be playing with core voltages to get the processor to run cooler and also playing around with the throttling settings in the bios.
Heat seems to be a major problem according to some.
If your build has gone smooth then I hope I can accomplish the same.

Thanks Guys

Return to posts index

heffe
Power?
on Mar 1, 2006 at 9:20:15 am

Hey, both dualcore machines look great so far, can't wait to here of the performance.

I had a quick question: Are you guys concerned about the 420W incase power supply?
I've had a bad experience with an incase power supply, plus is 420 going to be enough power?

Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the build.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 2, 2006 at 3:50:34 am

We've had very good success with the Power Supplies that come with the Aspire cases. I think 420 will be OK because while the dual core CPUs run a little hot (actually the Intels run hot, the AMD runs much cooler) we're nowhere near the heat of our dual xeon DIY3 system.

We'll be putting in only a single DVD burner that will aslo act as our CD drive. While our 3 7300RPM SATA drives will generate some heat and need some power, I think we'll still be OK. We're not running any additional boards inside the machine. If we decided to bump up to a more agressive videoc ard, getting a littel more power would be worth considering.

Gary

Return to posts index

ctc
by
on Mar 2, 2006 at 2:34:22 pm

Hi there !

-I know theese things can't -and shouldn't be pushed foreward, but thing is -I have about 1500 $ of insurrance money that need to be spent VERY soon.

-So please guys, how are things developing ?

-And thank you from all of us. you are doing an amazing piece of work.

Return to posts index

cappa84
on Mar 4, 2006 at 3:38:53 am

The AMD X2 system should win for sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]