FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic DVX100B vs Sony HDR-FX1

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
STLSailor
Panasonic DVX100B vs Sony HDR-FX1
on Feb 20, 2006 at 2:45:35 am

I am looking to move from a high end consumer camera into a more capable prosumer camera. I plan to use it at least for (a) fund-raising and short documentary style videos for non-profit groups, and (b) shooting travel video that can be incorporated into documentaries. Family events are a side benefit.

What should I look for? Probably an adequate level of manual controls. Quality video reproduction. Size and weight are important. 24p ability seems at least somewhat important. I’m not certain about HDV. Cost is important.

I love the size and weight of the GL-2 but I’ve eliminated it largely due to the number of tape transport problems—and the lack of 24P helped clinch that (though if any of you feel differently, I’d like to hear from you). The choice seems to be between the Panasonic DVX100B and the Sony HDR-FX1.

Both seem to be good cameras. Both cost about the same. The DVX100B has a proven track record and 24P. The Sony is HD and has CineFrame24 but I’ve read both good and bad reviews of that and would like to hear your experience. HD is probably not important right now, but might give some of the travel clips a longer useful life.

I’d like to hear your thoughts. Also what editing packages would support 24P on the DVX100 or would support HD on the FX1. I currently use Premiere 6.5

Return to posts index

strait
Re: Panasonic DVX100B vs Sony HDR-FX1
on Feb 14, 2007 at 3:02:18 pm

I have Sony DCR-VX2100 & it works great.
Cool

Return to posts index

littleone
Re: Panasonic DVX100B vs Sony HDR-FX1
on Mar 9, 2007 at 4:04:16 am

Still DVX100 is better in it's class of it's own, if you are lokking for SD broadcast.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]