FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why upgrage to HDV cameras??

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryanstidham
Why upgrage to HDV cameras??
on Feb 17, 2006 at 3:10:34 am

So it's time to upgrade our prosumer video camera and I'm having a hard time deciding between panasonic ag-dvx100b and Sony's HDV-Fx1. Panasonic's 24p would be nice, however HDV also sounds good. Currently using Liquid edition 6.0...my questions:
1.) is there any benifit to filming in HDV now if my output product is still to SD-DVD?
2.) Is SD footage downconverted from HDV better than native SD?
3.) Would you wait until HD-DVD burners are available before going with sony's HDV?

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
Re: Why upgrage to HDV cameras??
on Feb 19, 2006 at 11:17:37 pm

I have these same questions as well and am a little timid on going to HD right now. I'd like to see it become more of an industry standard and friendlier to the budget.

Have you looked into the HDR-HC1 though? Not a bad deal for a 3rd of the cost of the FX1. Of course, depends on your application but for $1300, I might just get it for the price.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Why upgrage to HDV cameras??
on Feb 21, 2006 at 4:05:48 am

One thing to keep in mind is the higher the quality of the original footage, the better the quality of the final output will be.

We have many customers shooting in HDV and then compressing down MPEG2 for standard def DVDs. The results are outstanding.

If you do a lot of chromekeying and multi layered effects you'll find that HDV delivers batter final video quality than if you start with DV.

And finally, some day soon (GOD WILLING)! we're going to get an optical Hi Def DVD solution. BLu-Ray or HD DVD - I don;t care! I just want something that will allow you to deliver your content in all it;'s HD glory to your cuystomers.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]