FORUMS: list search recent posts

Racing Live Capture and playback software

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KDH
Racing Live Capture and playback software
by
on Feb 13, 2006 at 1:12:53 am

I have a kinda unique need and am wondering if someone here can help direct me to.
I officiate bicycle Races. I want to use my video camera to record the finish line

I have a reasonable camera Panasonic AG-DVC30 and a reasoanble notebook 100gb storage AMB turion64 etc.

They can connect via firewire

I used to take the camera and try to read the numbers on the backs of the racers on the cameras screen. Both the frame advance and t the size of the screen is a hassle.

The computer has Windows video editing software which got me thinking that there should be some better software to do what I want to do which is

1. Have the computer capture the videofeed and be able to almost instantaneously play it back in a full screen or close to it frame by frame while I am standing on the side of the road watching bike racers and being harrased by spectators etc.

This will allow me to do a better job of "placing the finishers in the right order. Sometimes I have 30 of them at 30 mph flashing by. My camera gets them I just want a bigger screen to

It needs to be very simple.

Id love it to continue to capture while I looked at earlier finishers thoughh my guess is i'd need other hardware to make that happen

So is there some software out there that can do this easily

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]