FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating an internal DVD duplication chain, etc.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chas Smith
Creating an internal DVD duplication chain, etc.
on Feb 11, 2006 at 11:51:57 pm

May seem like an elementary question to some here but I'm curious if you can install/daisychain 2 or more CD/DVD R/W in a tower to make a disc duplication system in your PC? I've got a big tower case and plan to create a DIY DV edit PC. I'd hate to let some of these 5.25" slots go to waste.

Also, anyone have any recommendations for an internal multicard reader? AND FINALLY....any product rec's for an input/output multi panel that includes: RCA/SVideo/mini plugs.

Hey..am I asking a lot or what?

Thanks in advance.

Chaz

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Creating an internal DVD duplication chain, etc.
on Feb 12, 2006 at 3:29:44 am

To my knowledge there is only one way to burn two disks at one time... that is using a special controller (hardware).
I am not sure if you can buy it seperately from a pre-built dup tower.

If someone knows where.. please post. I am sure you can, my tape supplier builds the dup towers, and has a box of them.
I'm not sure if newegg or similar websites will sell it.

My suggestion is you not install it in your NLE computer case.

Return to posts index

gary_hend
on Mar 21, 2006 at 7:54:53 pm

I have 3 cd-rw drives installed on my system. I am burning 3 cd at the same time. Only program that I know of which is suporting multiple writers is NERO Burning Rom.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
on Mar 21, 2006 at 10:04:25 pm

gary_hend: I have 3 cd-rw drives installed on my system. I am burning 3 cd at the same time. Only program that I know of which is suporting multiple writers is NERO Burning Rom.

Which version(s)?

Return to posts index

virtualscribe
multi burning roms
on Mar 29, 2006 at 10:58:35 am

I don't know why more people are not taking advantage of firewire. It was created for just such purposes, and I have been thinking for a while now to create a 7 or more simultaneous burning tower using firewire dvd+rw drives daisy chained.

Nero Ultra Edition allows, and always has allowed multi burning roms. The more professional versions of Nero allow up to 32 simultaneous dvd / cd controllers.

My plan is to have a firewire hub connected to the main mother board. Each firewire/usb 2.0 enclosure comes with 2 firewire ports for daisy chaining, and firewire is able to transmit information both ways. So attach a very fast 10 thousand rpm drive where the main file sits. For this many burners, the sustained data rate for drives has to be very high. Don't rely on cheap latop drives running 4200 rpm. Not only does the rpm have to be high on the drive, it has to be able to keep up a high sustained data rate to continually feed information through the firewire access cables. Then begin going through the hub for multi burn simultaneous dvdr / cdr s. 4x dvd burns, but 7 at a time. Or 24x cd burns, 7 at a time. And the total cost for a dvd burner + usb/firewire enclosure is less than $80. Having 7 would be like 7 * 80 = $560, which is about 500 less than the "pro" junk they try to sell online in various shops which is the unattended dvd duplicator.

It's just me, but I would rather save $500 or more and attend to my burns than spend more money to burn fewer simultaneously unattended.

Summary: Nero Ultra Edition for PC, firewire daisy chain, fast rpm sustained data rate transfer drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]