FORUMS: list search recent posts

SATA Connector Query and 3-D Card

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ethermac56
SATA Connector Query and 3-D Card
on Feb 10, 2006 at 5:25:03 am

I am trying to put together my own system. I have purchased my Hitachi drives for the RAID and I did not note they were OEM. What length cables should I get and does it matter striaght or right angle ? I realize case choice may come into play so just a good average guess for this.

Will I have to have a 3.5 drive to install RAID drivers(since my OEM comes with no software)?

Lastly...I am not going to be a purist as far as video so will a mainstream 3-D card be OK? I want a jack of all trades that does decent for gaming and video editing

Thanks for the help in advance!

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: SATA Connector Query and 3-D Card
on Feb 10, 2006 at 5:30:38 pm

Your motherboard should of came with SATA cables for your hard drives. If not go to a local computer store and pick up what ever looks good. (my theory cables are cables)

RAID.. HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE RAID? the RAID setup, you're doing, I would think is a hardware. then the "software" is installed in the BIOS of the chip. On boot up you should get a prompt for setting it up. There should be no software needed for drivers, maybe for managing and maintence of RAID & the MOBO maker has a windows based program for that... & would be on the CD which came with the MOBO.

I don't build computers with floppies, now.

Since it sounds like your first build. I suggest pluggging in & installing your RAID hard drives after your install your OS. that will prevent you from accidentally installing your OS on the raid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]