FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows Media to Canopus ADVC 110

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
megabyte
Windows Media to Canopus ADVC 110
on Jan 31, 2006 at 2:13:31 am

I just received an ADVC 110.

Capturing from VHS is great but I can't send video out through the DV port to the same VCR.

I am following the not-so-clear instructions verbatim and while I am new to canopus I have done this with a card in the past.

Am I missing something, or is there some software wizardy required to send video out to the 110 via Firewire where it will then go to a VHS tape.?

Return to posts index

gary_hend
Re: Windows Media to Canopus ADVC 110
on Jan 31, 2006 at 12:04:09 pm

Hi megabyte,

When you mention 'send video out through the DV port to the same VCR', are you trying to playback on the TV?

If so, check out this CNET post on the topic and see if it helps you out:
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7596-0.html?forumID=60&threadID=4601&m...

Return to posts index

megabyte
on Jan 31, 2006 at 1:46:42 pm

No, actually I am trying to record through the Canopus using its Firewire In capability.

I have the PC connected to the Firewire and have set the box to record from Digitial In.

I am using an application that uses Windows Media to play back video. It can be recorded on the video out port of my laptop but not on the firewire port of the canopus connected to the desktop.

This means this canopus product is not the complete solution, since the pc does not have video out ports.

If I have to add a capture card to the desktop, why do I need the canopus?

Return to posts index

gary_hend
on Feb 4, 2006 at 5:32:43 pm

Hi megabyte

Let me see if I understand you correctly. Here's your setup:

PC -> Canopus -> VCR

The first link is via Firewire out of the PC and into the Firewire In of the Canopus. The second link is an S-video to the VCR?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]