FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need help badly. How to use PC as capture device

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony012185
I need help badly. How to use PC as capture device
on Dec 28, 2004 at 12:56:45 pm

Hi! I'm using pro-one RTDV "realtime DV output". I have two computers, my other computer have an ordinary firewire port only, no capture card. Now all I want is to capture the edited footage from my Pro-one to the other PC using the firewire port. Is this possible? My Pro-one computer will serve as a digital camera (capture device) to the other computer

(Pro-ONE firewire output connected to my other computers firewire port.) 6pin to 6pin (computer 1 to computer 2)

My current setup now is I need first to connect the RCA(composite) jack from the output of my pro-one then connect it to my Digital camera (Analog to Digital passthrough) then connect the firewire cable from my DV camera to my other PC firewire port... I can now start recording but with the use of camera .

I already tried connecting it using 6 pin to 6pin firewire (Computer 1 to computer 2) but nothing happens, it didnt detected as a new capture device.

My objective here is to save time in exporting the whole timeline to AVi then encode it to mpeg2, by the way my other computer can capture video direct to mpeg2, no more encoding.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: I need help badly. How to use PC as capture de
on Jan 2, 2005 at 2:18:54 am

sorry, but it's not going to work.

Use the pro-one to capture and edit, then export the files to MPEG2 for the authoring. Or dump the pro-one, and just edit on the fastest macine you have, using just Premeire Pro or Vegas or Liquid Edition.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]