FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I convert DVD-R to a www-useable format?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
park
How do I convert DVD-R to a www-useable format?
by
on Jan 21, 2006 at 7:33:14 pm

I have some DVD-Rs that I want to convert to some (preferably small) popular file formats for viewing in QuickTime, RealPlayer, and/or on the www. What's the cheapest way to convert them to useable file formats? (I'm not a stickler for quality in this 1-time endeavor, so freeware or free trial software will serve my purpose.)

Return to posts index

gary_hend
Re: How do I convert DVD-R to a www-useable format?
on Feb 4, 2006 at 5:59:01 pm

Hi Park

What is in those DVD-Rs? Are they movies? If they are, you need a tool that converts DVD into AVI. The best tool I know is [url=http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/dvdtodivx_flaskmpeg.html]FlaskMPEG. From AVI, you can change it to any number of formats you want, like Quicktime or Realplayer.

park: I have some DVD-Rs that I want to convert to some (preferably small) popular file formats for viewing in QuickTime, RealPlayer, and/or on the www. What's the cheapest way to convert them to useable file formats? (I'm not a stickler for quality in this 1-time endeavor, so freeware or free trial software will serve my purpose.)

Return to posts index

park
Thanks, in the meantime. . .
by
on Feb 16, 2006 at 4:10:14 pm

Thanks for the advice,

But in the meantime I found a free Mac program called "No Frills DVD2iPod" by Laine Lee. I was looking for either Mac or PC programs, and of all the ones in both platforms I tried, it was the first one that did what I wanted. The DVD-Rs had videos authored/burned by Pinnacle Liquid Edition (which sucks, BTW). With "No Frills," I just dragged the DVD icon into the box, checked a destination, and hit Start.

I then dragged the output mp4s into iMovie, cleaned them up a bit on the timeline, and exported them as QuickTime Movies. I suppose FlaskMPEG would have been even more straightforward, but fortunately I had iMovie at my disposal. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]