FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY 3 nct-d comments

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dhappi
DIY 3 nct-d comments
on Jan 17, 2006 at 7:13:41 pm

I'm curious about the comments on this motherboard and the Asus NCT-D 6300 southbridge? I've seen quite few systems configured with this board and now I noticed that Matrox seems to approve of this chipset? The alternative mentioned is a larger form factor; just wondering if anyone has any more information on exactly what the problem is with the NCT-D board.

Return to posts index

tbagg
Re: DIY 3 nct-d comments
on Jan 20, 2006 at 3:05:48 am

I don't know much about this but I would listen to the video guy and stay away from the 6300 southbridge.

"The 6300 southbridge was designed as a low cost solution, not a top performance solution. As a result with Video editing (especially HDV or HD footage) you can easily flood the southbridge and the resulting bottlenecks can result in sluggish performance, dropped frames, jittery playback or worst of all – system crashes. "

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: DIY 3 nct-d comments
on Jan 20, 2006 at 3:48:50 am

yoozer,

it sounds like you are looking for a dual CPU MOBO. Supermicro focuses a lot of their biz toward dual CPU boards for servers and workstations. They may be a few more bucks, but they are rock solid and I have never had a problem building a computer with their MOBO. I know of supermicro I built 6+ years ago and it is still running strong.

if the 6300ESB chipset has been tested by others (videoguy) and didn't work ... then steer away from it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]